Advice please??

Options
Hi, I've just joined this forum as I have literally tried every diet, non-diet, lifestyle plan going and I am still 6 stone overweight! I was just wondering how sustainable this is and whats the average weekly weightloss and also any tips or advice??

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome. In the Message Boards, go to Getting Started. There is a pinned topic: A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants.

Read that as well as the links in that post.

It a great place to read up on a sustainable process.
  • lastfarewell
    lastfarewell Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome! The nice thing about MFP is that it is as sustainable as you make it. It is not a "one-size-fits-all" diet. It is customizable based on your caloric needs, goals, and commitment. It is not a magic bullet, but rather a tool to help you succeed.

Best wishes!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to mfp :smile:
    Plan on taking it slowly (between 1 to 2lbs a week). There will be ups and downs so don't beat yourself up about bad days just be honest with yourself and log it! The best piece of advice I got when I started was 'log it' and the best piece of advice I can give is no matter what it was you did - 'log it'. (seeing a theme here?)
    If you have any worries or questions just ask. Do be aware there are idiots on here (they can be very entertaining!) but mainly good sound people who understand where you are and what you are going through.
    Feel free to friend me.
    Good luck
    :-)