which burn is real?

Options
2»

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback, I will use the lower number to calculate my calories burned. I am out of shape that's why I am doing this in the first place, I am tired of being out of shape. I also have a low thyroid just started taking medication for it 30 days ago when I started tracking my calories. Yesterday was the first time back at the gym in about a yr and I noticed just how out of shape I have got.

Since you have a thyroid problem, it will be important to keep track of which numbers you use. Try to be consistent...that way, if you're not losing weight at the pace you expected, you will know where your data is coming from and be able to more easily make adjustments. I would just try to always use the lower number.
  • jenbikeswim
    Options
    I use a good heart rate monitor, like Polar, with a calorie count feature. I have found that to be the most accurate. Sometimes mfp is dead on for calorie count, sometimes it's too high. If the hrm and mfp are the same, I go with mfp. If the difference is significant, I go with the HRM. And I'm losing weight, so my system is working for me.