Uugghh stupid thighs!!

Options
just measured the thigh of all my old happy jeans and it is apparent I need to lose up to 3" off each thigh!!!
I'm now not a happy little lady!!.....how on earth am I going to get that to happen??!
:-(
Also I've lost 8lb and I seem to measure the same.....although I look and feel slimmer.....my body hates me. Lol

Replies

• Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If you work out regularly the inches will start coming off. I wouldn't stress about it, just keep working hard and you will start to see results!
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    Lunges and weighted squats workl for me and my Polish thighs. :wink:

Just remember, you'll get bigger before you get smaller. It's frustrating, but brief.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it! I also have trouble with my gigantic thighs, but I know that's one of the last places I lose weight. Try to focus on the parts of your body that are smaller...that's what I do...and those thighs will get smaller soon! If you're doing any weight training, you're likely gaining muscle in your legs which will eventually start helping you burn more calories and get those legs smaller.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. We can't pick where we lose weight first. try squats and lunges to firm up your legs. Keep your goals in sight you will be able to fit in your happy jeans in no time.

I'm inspired to go home and measure my thighs for my first pair of "Happy Jean" the one i was wearing when I finish grad school in 2005. I have no idea what size my ultimate happy jeans are... I have a long way to go.
  • littlelioness
    Options
    Yeah, I hate mine...seems like the more weight I lose, the more it comes right out of my err, umm, boobs!! I've heard that some exercises make them bigger. I don't know what to do either. Mine have stuck at 19 inches for a long time now, while my bra size just keeps dropping away.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My Thighs are my pain point as well. They have slimmed up some-- as my pants fit a little looser, but they are still the biggest thing on my body.
    I work out regularly and hope that one day, some of the fat will finally melt off.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Just remember, you'll get bigger before you get smaller. It's frustrating, but brief.

WHAAAAAAT I'll get bigger before I get smaller?!?!?! :frown:
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bparr- totally off the subject but I cracked up when I read your signature
    "Everyone should vow to never buy old lady pants"
    LOL, Count me in!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate mine...seems like the more weight I lose, the more it comes right out of my err, umm, boobs!! I've heard that some exercises make them bigger. I don't know what to do either. Mine have stuck at 19 inches for a long time now, while my bra size just keeps dropping away.

I'm with ya-- Went to Victorias Secret the other day to buy a new bra and they didn't have any small enough. Try to buy pants and you can't find them to fit your thighs :sad:
  • kleppy
    kleppy Posts: 1
    Options
    So this is what is working for me........put 10 pound weights (or 5 to start out) in both hands......use your stairs as a stepper...

so use the bottom step as if you were in a step class......up 10 x with right foot then up 10x with left......

you will feel your thighs ....burn away!!!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I ride a stationary cycle and it has done wonders for my thighs.
  • littlelioness
    Options
    Pants fit me...I just feel so horribly out of proportion!! I can wear a zero in jeans, but for bras, well I'm right there with you when it comes to Victoria's Secret!!
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    They say the first place you gain weight is typically the last place to lose it! Don't give up! Keep working out and it WILL pay off. That is my trouble spot, too.
    PS keeping an eye on your food really helps, too. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm losing fat on my thighs from doing strength training and plenty of cardio. But, the fat isn't coming uniformly on my legs, it's coming off from the knee up. So, the bottom half of my thighs are looking better but the tops and my hips are still big. Oh well! It's coming off and that's what's important.

Just hang in there, it'll happen.
  • queenlinh
    Options
    I've heard that when you lose weights, you lose it from all over your body at the same rate. so you don't just lose your arms and not your legs. But I've notices when I started losing weights I lose my boobs before I lose my butt :(
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options

WHAAAAAAT I'll get bigger before I get smaller?!?!?! :frown:

Well, if you start doing lunges and weighted squats, your muscles will bulk up first and then start to slim down as the new muscle starts burning the old fat. It's only for a week or two, depending on how vigilant you are. Don't worry, it's not for long!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to pump some iron as well as do cardio babe - this is a great image to illustrate this point. Fat weighs less but takes up way more room then muscle

http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/images/fat-v-muscle.jpg
  • queenlinh
    Options
    that picture just made me threw up in my mouth a little bit. lol