Doing it for ME this time!

Options
pdubz
pdubz Posts: 7 Member
Greetings,

My name is Paul I am 43 and Live in San Jose CA. I started my weight loss journey back in 2010. After being married for 15 years having two awesome boys and putting on the "comfort" weight, My wife and I divorced. My crazy thinking was, I will lose weight, look like I did when she first met me, and she will come back. That was my motivation to lose weight. I wanted to make her sorry for what she let go. I would get her back and make myself feel all better. What an idiot I am.

Well, I lost 80lbs and did it bring her back? Nope. However, she did say I looked great, but she also told me during the same conversation, that she was getting re married. Yea, what a F***** disaster. After this happened, I got totally depressed, and gained all my weight back and some since 2010. Hard lesson to learn. Losing weight for any other person other than yourself is a HUGE MISTAKE!!

For the last going on five years, I stayed heavy. Oh who am I kidding, I was VERY fat. My highest weight was 313lbs. So in March I decided to get back in shape and have lost 47lbs. I am currently at 268 any my goal weight is 190. I have been doing this by myself since March, but now feel that I need some people to interact with on this journey., If you feel lead, please send me a friend request and let's do this thing together. I would really appreciate the support and hope to be a support to you as well. This time....I AM DOING THIS FOR ME!!!

Replies

• ghaleonhd
    Options
    i am with you man!
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • pdubz
    pdubz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For sure bro. We got this!!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The only way to do it right is for yourself. Also as far as relationships go, never go backwards always forwards. Getting divorced right now myself. I look forward to new relationships, not old ones.
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good attitude. It is like anything else, you have to do it for you! Feel free to add me. I am active daily
  • Nikki_Yaz
    Nikki_Yaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've got this! As long as what you are doing is for you nothing should stand in your way. You have my support! Great attitude! Get yourself out of the negative and move forward with the positive!!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through that. You are off to a great start I love this app and encouragement I get from others on here.
  • sydsquidlee
    sydsquidlee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thats the only way to do it and make it stick!! Best of luck!!