DIET PILLS

Options
HI, MY NAME IS NADIA AND IM IN NEED OF HELP. IM DOING GREAT WITH MY WORKOUT AND MY EXERCISING BUT I REALLY JUST FEEL LIKE I NEED TO BE DOING MORE. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS TAKING ANY DIET PILLS AND WHAT KIND ARE YOU TAKING? ANY HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPERCIATED.
THANKS,NADIA

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, loaded question. Beware! LOL!
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think diet pills are a total scam, and are really bad for you. I had a friend pass out from taking them because it messed with her heart.

If you're eating right and exercising the way you should, you'll lose the weight. I promise! Consistency is key.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    To me I just feel like they are not really safe enough to put in my body. After seeing so many friends take them and do well, but then after they stopped taking them the weight came back times 2, sometimes 3. It just isn't worth it. I really think that is something you should take up with a doctor, and see what kind of side affects they could cause you. Over the counter ones are not the way to go in my opinion.
  • gtfosnorlax
    Options
    I know most people are against diet pills, and I can see why. I've tried many and they don't make you lose any extra weight. BUT! I like to use something just to give me a boost, something that will make me work out harder, especially because I like to work out in the early morning to get it out of the way. That is the only time I'll pop a pill, but if I don't work out then I won't take it.

Good luck :)<3
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    No I don't and I wouldn't.
  • DoubleO7
    Options
    Hi Nadia,

First of all my dear Nadia DIET PILLS DON"T WORK. I’m a BIG believer in Chromium Picolinate. Chromium is a mineral that we require in trace amounts. Chromium picolinate reduces sugar and carbohydrate cravings. It also suppresses the appetite, which is how it can help lead to weight loss.
    If you have sugar cravings this will defiantly help you with those craving. I take 500 mcg/per. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE if you are type 1 diabetics (Juvenile Diabetes”)

Hope this help :)

2778- RHN
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    The weight-loss doctor I see prescribes Adipex for people, but I'm REALLY holding off on it until I absolutely have to. It's a stimulant, so it can make your heart beat faster. Anything over the counter either doesn't work or gives me a really horrendous stomach ache, so I would stay away from them. If you think you absolutely have to have something, talk to your doctor. But I wouldn't go that route unless you absolutely aren't losing anything with MFP and exercise.
  • nadia003
    nadia003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE, I JUST REALLY WANT TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT FASTER. I WORKOUT EVERY MORNING AND I ALSO DO ZUMBA AND INSANITY. I EAT VERY WELL BUT ON HERE THE CALORIE THING IS SAYING IM NOT EATING ENOUGH. SO WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? LIKE I SAID THANKS AGAIN.
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    Increase your calorie intake just slightly, if you aren't eating enough, you aren't going to lose as fast. Eat something high in protein and low in fat. Veggies are very filling, as is peanut butter and hummus.