• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb2.jpg
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Just don't expect that in 8 weeks people are going to start commenting. As another post said, most people avoid this topic. I've lost 24 pounds in 25 weeks and other than my immediate family, only one other person has commented on it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Just don't expect that in 8 weeks people are going to start commenting. As another post said, most people avoid this topic. I've lost 24 pounds in 25 weeks and other than my immediate family, only one other person has commented on it.

Good point. :laugh: The only people who have commented on my weight loss are family members (well and people here on MFP when I posted progress pics). At this point, it is definitely noticeable, but I know people don't say anything for the simple reason that weight is a touchy subject.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    People usually avoid the topic of weight, even if it is the fact that you look skinnier. No one wants to bring up a topic that could possible cause offense or be misunderstood. The safe route is to just not say anything and keep living their life.

This. How soon they notice and how soon anyone you haven't talked to about it say anything are two separate issues.
  • Riverglow
    Riverglow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel like it depends on how big you are to start with and how tall you are. 20 pounds on a 5' tall, medium build person is a lot more noticeable than on a 6' tall obese person. People started pointing out that I was losing weight when I lost around 15% of my total weight (I was 145 and the first comments started occurring after I lost around 22 pounds)