Looking to add some friends, still have a 100 lbs to lose!

Options

Replies

• Andrewswife2011
    Andrewswife2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! I'm a cytotechnologist so I know it's tough to lose weight when you are chained to a microscope all day. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs as I'm quickly approaching my 40th birthday. I know you can get to your goal. Would love to another mfp to motivate each other.
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congratulations on the weight loss so far. That is amazing. Feel free to add me as a friend. There will be absolutely no judgement here. Although my goal is not to be able to run and keep up with a dog, I would love to be able to run and keep up with my 10 year old and be able to help her with her sports. Although a cheerleading sidelines mom is ok, my goal is to be healthy enough to coach.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! This site is so great! It's nice to meet others who are working on changing their lifestyle as well. It keeps me motivated!
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request! Nice to meet you. :)
  • Froggie27
    Options
    Hey :) Well done! I really only just started but feel free to add me if you like :D
  • Karatemombbt
    Karatemombbt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50 lbs! You are doing awesome! I've been on mfp before and lost 101 lbs but had some life issues & got off track & gained it all back plus some. :cry: I'd love to connect with others who are going thru this too. It truly helps when u have someone to be accountable to. And all of us can use the added encouragement!
  • maddigetsthin22
    Options
    Wow! 50lbs is amazing! Well done! I've added you! Extra motivation is always welcome! (:
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    50 lbs. is an amazing accomplishment! I have slightly over 100 lbs. to lose and am always looking for people to share the journey with :smile:

I think that being a pathologist would be interesting... you must see amazing things! :smile:
  • Sayonara_SKArc2009
    Options
    You or anyone else can feel free to add me. :) And I won't judge if you decide to eat a low amount of calories in certain days. My calorie goal is very low (it's set to lose 2 lbs a week) so I'm used to seeing a low calorie diary lol. Everyone has days where we eat too much or not many calories. It happens. And congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • Tal_Kyrte
    Tal_Kyrte Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You could add me as well. I'm set to eat 1200 calories a week, so no judgement here. :)

I'm currently a biology undergrad student, and thinking about studying neurobiology in grad school. Being a pathologist sounds fascinating to me!

I also love ballet. I actually was a ballet dancer as a girl into my teen years. I quit because hips and breasts don't go well with dance. This screwed up my perception of what a normal body looks like, so for years I thought I was horribly fat. I've had a lot of anxiety issues, but I've learned that you need to correct the inside before you work on the outside. I've finally learned to love myself, hips, thighs, breasts and all. Still, I can't help but think that in another life, I would be a ballet dancer. My cousin actually recently signed with a company, so I'm pretty jealous. If I could do it all over, I would never have quit. I love everything about ballet: the elegance, the strength, the music, the agile limbs, the painted faces. I used to dream of dancing the Firebird. But now that I'm far too old, that image pushes me forward. My body is my instrument, and it needs to be strong to be beautiful.
  • iamjustme4
    iamjustme4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have over 100# to lose, please add me I enjoy the support it really helps:)
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I only have about 10 to lose, but it feels like it's going super slow. Plus, friends are always nice and I am on daily and try to be motivating and have an open diary.
  • tinselqueen
    tinselqueen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    50lbs is brilliant - you obviously know what you're doing! I love the ballet - not too sure about footy though! You can take your dog for long walks - you don't have to run - walking is incredibly good for you. I spent six months in NZ and Australia last year. I had a great time but gained about 30 lbs in the process!! So once again, I'm struggling to get it off. And this time I'm really struggling. So lets encourage each other. :wink:
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm not sure how many lbs I have to loose but I know I need to loose about 50 kg, I'm currently 112.2 kg.

I'm 46 today and have decided enough is enough, all the beautiful spring/summer clothes are hitting the stores here in Australia and the bigger stuff is just baggy horrid stuff and I don't wanna wear it :(

I'm using Isowhey meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch and having a small dinner to get things moving. I've just filled the freezer with labeled and weighted meat/fish/chicken and the fridge is full too. I cleaned out the pantry and tossed out a lot of junk.

I'd love some new friends too as I need all the support/encouragement I can get and happy to support you along the way too.
  • takethatTM
    takethatTM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried MFP a few years ago on a brief stint, but I'm back in earnest. I have about 110 lbs to lose, and I'll need all the help I can get! Trying to reach out to others this time around to see if the extra support helps. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • maccaria
    maccaria Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dog person here too :) have sent you a friend request :)
  • Daphsaura
    Daphsaura Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 19 year old called Daphne. I'm not exactly new to this site. Just quite inconsistent. I weigh 89kg (about 190+pounds) but I'm a size 12 in clothing (very confusing). I'm trying to lose 50 pounds in the next 3 months so that I can take part in a marathon. I'm looking for people who will motivate me, and I can motivate as well. I'm very friendly and absolutely adore making people smile :) Feel free to add me as well xo
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    We're a bit similsr,as we have both lost quite a bit but have a ways to go. Add me :)
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking for more friends to help motivate and support each other. I am looking to lose another 45 lbs. I had a baby in Feb and lost 32 lbs already!! :)

Please feel free to add me!!
  • christie20034
    christie20034 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Looking for new friends as well:)