I need another parent to cheer me back up........

Options
2»

Replies

• KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, my daughter starts kindergarten tomorrow, and I'm a nervous wreck, too lol. It's nice to hear all this reassurance from other parents. I think I'm going to cry when she gets on that big bus though!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hear you all and am with you... although mine is starting high school tomorrow. It never goes away!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    She'll be fine. My kids have flourished in Kindergarten.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What was even harder for me was when I went to drop off my middle child and she said, " Don't worry I'll go down with Leta (my oldest), You can go now." I almost cried. They are all in college starting in 2 weeks. Time flies enjoy each day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm sure she'll be fine. Don't push your feelings about her teacher onto her. Those are your thoughts about the teacher, not your daughter's.

We are pretty hands off when it comes to school and our daughter. Yes, we help with homework and volunteer when they ask for volunteers. But she rode the bus to school her first day of kindergarten--no dropping her off or taking her to her room, we don't email the teacher weekly to ask how she's doing, etc.

I was thrilled when she started kindergarten (no more daycare cost, yay!) I think that the beginning of each school year is exciting and fun. I've never felt down about them.