Lost weight but look flabbier?

Options
Hi! So last April till the start of June I would work out HARD 5x a week (combination of horse back riding, squash and swim) and I dropped 5 pounds. My tight shorts were falling off my waist and I was so happy with my results. But school started and I had to stop because of less time. I have lost weight since then (on and off working out, like 3x a week) but look BIGGER and flabbier? Why is this??? Is there something I'm doing wrong? :(
I'd much rather look smaller, than have the scale number be smaller. Thanks so much

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You probably look flabbier because your body fat percentage is higher. If you start lifting weights, your weight composition will change and your BF% will decrease. I would recommend lifting weights or a circuit training session 2-3 times per week. Try to lift heavy enough weights that you can only do 8-10 reps, maybe even fewer and ensure that you have at least a day off between workouts to let your muscles rest and repair.

Hope this helps.

Take a look at this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • circuitfighter
    Options
    Thank you so much! That link was very helpful :smile: