Wedding Anniversary NSV (Victoria's Secret, Shhh!)

Options
lynpcooper
lynpcooper Posts: 44 Member
So I recently had my 11th anniversary. I have lost 94 lbs since my highest weight (276 to 182). So on that day, my husband brings in a Victoria's Secret bag and I'm thinking to myself, that had better be body spray because that's the only thing that I can wear from Victoria's Secret. But no, he bought several pair of "cheeky" panties. Mind you, I have been shopping for undies at Lane Bryant for nearly all of my adult life but my cute LB panties have become Granny panties. So my husband decided to take matters into his own hands and buy me some new ones. But from VS and in a size Large (with no X's in front)? I would never dream of buying anything from VS. So, I reluctantly try them on. Drum roll... They fit! And my butt actually looked good in them. Score one for me... And my Hubby. Sometimes its really difficult to see your own progress and when you've been plus sized for so long, its hard to not gravitate toward the plus size stores. It is nice to have other options, though. Now he's going to have a hard time keeping me out of there.

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And of course: congratulations :-)
  • wailana82
    wailana82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And what a great NSV. Congrats on 11 years too. We just celebrated our 11th :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!!!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Great NSV x
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love this story because your husband is validating all your hard work. He must be so proud,
  • Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awww... That's really sweet!
  • lynpcooper
    lynpcooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It was sweet, wasn't it.
  • novagirl55
    novagirl55 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :) Great NSV!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- on your anniversary AND your NSV!!! :-)

I can totally relate to the VS thing, too! I'd been wearing the same style of Lane Bryant Cacique panties since like 1996 (not the same pair LOL)...and after going from about 250 to 205, I started to realize that even theirs in the smallest size were just getting way too big. Someone here on MFP recommended I try some similar styles from VS and I was so nervous...I had just started wearing "regular sizes" and was scared the women working there would treat me weird for being so big. Turned out my husband's ex girlfriend, who is a bit larger than me, works at our local VS and she took me under her wing and like you I was amazed to be able to wear their panties! haha...awesome

I don't know about you, but I've had similar experiences in a lot of non-plus stores. I love clothes from LOFT and usually get them in thrift stores, but recently I went to their outlet store and was amazed they had tons of stuff in 12, 14, 16. In the past I never would have gone in there even when I wore a 16 because I just assumed those stores went up to 10 or 12 only. Definitely worth checking out.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yay! =D That's awesome!
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME.

Really, I'm right there celebrating with you! I love that feeling!!

Enjoy them!! ;-)
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Also, haha- he definitely doesn't know what he just signed himself up for! :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The smile on my face is so big I can barely see through it. :) This is fantastic and kudos to hubby for taking that step, you've got a winner and obviously he's got an amazing wife too.

Congratulations, happy Anniversary and NSV...Woo Hoo!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is one of the BEST NSV's I have read in awhile! Sweet husband you have there and more than that he is awesome for recognizing your successes. WTG!
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats to YOU! And I love your hubby!!
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    YAY! congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:

Enjoy the new gift. I'm sure your husband will :wink:
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!!
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great news. Its strange how we still see ourselves as bigger than what we are even though we have worked so hard to get to where we are now. You will be spending a fortune in there from now on. X
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Also, haha- he definitely doesn't know what he just signed himself up for! :)

Or does HE?!!! HMMMMM.........:blushing: :smooched: :love: :happy: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!