Any Crazy Cat Ladies ?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

This is El Tigre, I found him at my job... we thing his mama abandoned him. The first photo is the day we found him, he just wanted to snuggle in my sweat shirt. The last photo is him a few weeks ago. (We guesstimated him birthday around 10-15-11.)

smq6gw.jpg

28ck4zt.jpg

You needed lowercase "img" tags. :)

Also, adorable. :)
  • jenltaylor
    jenltaylor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Big time crazy cat lady here! I have four at my house right now. Two tuxedo rescues, Severus and Princess, they're 10 and I've had them since they were a couple of months old. And then my big, gray, long haired baby, Parker. She's about 5. A former friend was threatening to drown her on facebook when she was a kitten. She had slapped his child after getting her tail pulled. No claws and no damage, but they were done with her after that. I went and got her immediately. She's huge and grumpy, but I love her! I'm also keeping a solid black cat for a friend's mom right now. She has no place for him and I was happy to help out. He is just the sweetest cat! Loves belly rubs and could eat all day! He's taken pretty well to going from an outside cat to an inside cat. No accidents yet. I don't think I've ever not had a cat in my home. I grew up with them and can't see not having one!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have two (shhh, don't tell the HOA, I'm only supposed to have one, but the kitties were with me before the condo and they were a deal breaker, so then HOA prez said maintain a don't ask don't tell policy): a female tortishell named Trilby Bastet and an all black male named Toulouse Sekhmet (no he is not named after Toulouse LaTrec). I adopted them both as kittens from the Humane Society and have had them for almost 14 years. Toulouse is my "special" kitty since he has IBS and hyperesthesia (the type that he attacks others rather than himself), but he has been in treatment for both and is still going strong!
    I always said I would be the adopter in the family (my sister has purebred dogs that she got from a breeder, my mother gets mixed breed dogs from breeders) but I will have to research for cats next time around since it turns out that I am allergic to cats (yes, the terrible T's will spend the rest of their natural lives with me, I have spent almost 14 years caring for them being allergic to them, I can tough it out for however long they have left) so I will be looking into rescues for low allergen breeds after this
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

This is El Tigre, I found him at my job... we thing his mama abandoned him. The first photo is the day we found him, he just wanted to snuggle in my sweat shirt. The last photo is him a few weeks ago. (We guesstimated him birthday around 10-15-11.)

smq6gw.jpg

28ck4zt.jpg

You needed lowercase "img" tags. :)

Also, adorable. :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
  • Kristafischer70
    Kristafischer70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2 kitties here too and yes one is a Siamese <3 he's a beautiful well behaved BIG boy!! All friend adds welcome :)
  • Kristafischer70
    Kristafischer70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Adorable kitties!! How do you post pics on here??
  • mrs_j_smith
    mrs_j_smith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    4 cats here! 3 black: (black) Sabbath, (black) Adder, (black) Cherry and one white with some brown/white/greyish spots named Rabbit. My husband hated cats until we got Sabbath. Now he's a crazy cat lady too :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Adorable kitties!! How do you post pics on here??

Upload your pictures to an image hosting/sharing site such as imgur, photobucket, tinypic, etc.

Resize for message board postings (most of these sites have that option).

Grab the direct link, and put [ img] link [/ img] (no spaces) around it.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Such cute pictures. I don't have one of my sweetheart--but she's a Siamese and adorable :)! She'd probably be really mad that I posted a picture of my pup...but he's new :).
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    your cats are beautiful:smile:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    This is my 12 year old cat Simon, watching the outside show. I adopted him and his brother Casey when they were 8 week old fur balls. I had to have my sweet Casey put to sleep a year ago (cancer), and poor Simon seemed so lost without his brother. Then, we did the unthinkable and adopted a dog, Cisco. I can't say those two are best buds, but they tolerate each other now.

Love all these cat pics and stories on this thread!

imagejpg1_zps3a3d7db4.jpg

Here's one of Simon and Casey

imagejpg1_zpsba16656b.jpg
  • linstapler
    linstapler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh my... all the beautiful kitties. I have one boy and his name is Fit (picture under profile photos). He is 14 in human years.

Fit love exercising with me... by lying across the exercise mat whenever I'm using it =^..^=
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    Had cats all my life :) Just rescued a little black shelter cat :)
  • carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's my cat - Dexter! We adopted him from a rescue centre. He had been abandoned with his mum and 3 sisters at 4 weeks old. He was the smallest of the litter, really skinny, flea ridden and really ill. He was 4 years old on Monday! :)
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I guess having 9 cats qualifies me as a crazy cat lady, plus I feed the feral cats in my area! 8 of them are rescued from the streets and the 9th one...well I rescued her from a 'pet store'....no one bought her and I hate having to pay for a cat when there are so many in shelters that need adoption...but one month after I saw her as a kitten she was still there, so it was meant to be!!! Mine are all named after cartoon characters!

I have catified my place....shelves all up and down the walls to the ceilings and they love running the 'circut'.. Cats are certainly tree dwellers and love the height!!! My 'eldest' is 22 years old and the range goes down to 2 years old. I even have one with three legs as it was traumatically amputated as a feral kitten and i took her to the vet when she was old enough to have it surgically amputated....and she is the fastest one I have!!!!

Happy to see so many of us cat lovers out there!!
  • Missboss888
    Missboss888 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everyone calls me a crazy cat lady but I only have one that I love. I wish I knew how to share pics! Lol
  • EmpressZhark
    EmpressZhark Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Such cute pictures!!

I would be a crazy cat lady if circumstances allowed - but I rent with a "no pets" clause, and even without the clause I'm only in a small one-bed apartment so it wouldn't be fair on any kitties I had to be trapped in here all the time.

Still, I have crazy cat lady friends who I catsit for all the time, which is enough for me for now :)