Starting over again..

Options
and again.. and again....
Gah.

Things were going well, I lost 20lbs last year, combination of eating healthily & taking up running. Then last summer my life fell apart completely. It suddenly became logistically difficult to prepare healthy meals, I had a lot of relationship/family/job stress going on which meant I sought comfort in food and it all went a bit wrong. I put on 10lbs, and I am surprised I didn't put on more.

Early this year life started to change for the better. The pressures of the previous year had been mostly lifted, and in theory it should have been the perfect opportunity to re-start the healthy eating again (I'd kept up the running over the winter, which I think is why I didn't put on even more).

But I tried, and failed. Tried, and failed. I just couldn't get into the swing of it again. I had no routine, and worse now that I was living alone I had no accountability, no one to shake their head disapprovingly if I ate an entire 400g chocolate bar in one sitting. Then I picked up a running injury, meaning my primary form of exercise had ceased to be viable overnight. Still. I'd not gained weight but I'd not lost any either.

So, that's all the past. On with the future. Today, I am still out from running due to the IT band injury, although it's on the mend. I have however joined a gym and I'm going regularly to try and keep my fitness up. I have decided that this time I will do it. Screw a lack of routine, that's just an excuse. I can lose this 10lbs again, and more besides. I can do it, and I will.

I am not going to start again another time, because it's always the same. This needs to work.

Wish me luck.

(P.S. I would love to make some friends on here! I'm UK based, but I'll add/accept any and all friend requests - the more people to dissuade me from eating all of the chocolate, the better!)

Replies

• Itslozzamate
    Options
    Good luck and welcome back :)

I am in a similar boat as you, managed to lose 30/40 lbs in 2012 and then a lot of family/work stress caused me to go back on the slippery slope back to gaining more or less all that weight back again.
    But I'm back, for good this time so feel free to add me :)

Good luck again
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in pretty much the same situation; lost 10 kg a few years ago, but they've all crept back on me. Now I am getting rid of them for good!

Feel free to add me - I'm in Norway, always nice to have MFP friends in more or less the same time zone. :)
  • MynameisKimba
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same starting over boat as well. :) I wish you much success!
  • EmpressZhark
    EmpressZhark Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I really need to get it done this time, I'm fed up of stopping & starting!
  • Tiredtummum
    Tiredtummum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sounds familiar-I lost 30lbs with MFP, was so in the zone and then thought I could maintain but slipped back into my old lifestyle of bad habits so I am back for good this time! Fresh start, small daily changes and have a good goal time of Christmas!
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too ! Feeling ready to crack on with it again. Going away tomorrow with DH for a few days but come Monday there will be no stopping me x