Wii Fit and General Wii questions

Options
Hi everyone!

I have a question about my wii. I currently use Wii fit, and its great its got me jogging 3.5 miles, something I thought I would never do! However, it doesn't seem to burn many calories. I do about an hour a day, and it seems that others using the wii are burning almost twice as much as I am! I am currently waiting for my EA Active to come in, reviews on that? I am looking for game reccomendations and what you do on your wii to really feel the burn!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Squirrely_Girl
    Options
    I just got my Wii a few weeks ago. So far I have been doing Gold's Gym Cardio workout (it's boxing) and it pretty much flies by. I have also heard good things about Samba de Amigo *(dancing), Walk it Out and punchout! (boxing). I am getting the first two this week and will let you know. I also bought Gold's gym Dance workout but am too uncoordinated for it so I can't really rate it. What are you logging your exercise as?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Dance Party 2. Even my 6 and 10 year olds break a sweat when they do it! Plus it's fun!
  • cjvzheartsyou
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

I actually log them as wii fit exercises! That is a total plus about just the regular wii fit. One problem I do see however is that I do the 30min free run.. well the first time I jogged 3 miles and have built up since then to about 4 miles and it counts it as the same amount of calories, now I am sure I am not burning tons more, but I would like a more accurate number!
  • cjvzheartsyou
    Options
    ok see I just played with the numbers. under wii fit 30 mins of jogging is 173 calories burned. However, 30 mins of jogging at the rate I am going under just the running category is 475 calories burned... thats a HUGE difference!