So frustrated

Options
I started back with My Fitness Pal a few weeks ago, I had used the site previously and managed to lose 3 stone. I had an accident and fractured my ankle back in January and have piled back on about 2 stone. So I needed to do something to get rid of some of it.

I have been exercising 5-6 times per week with Bootcamp, Boxfit, rebound and circuits, eating within my calories almost everyday. The first week I lost 3lbs but since I have not lost anything, in fact last week I gained 1.5lbs, but put that down to water retention due to monthly cycle.

I am getting a bit frustrated with no loss at all. I know it is a slow process but hoped to see some loss.

Any suggestions? Diary is open.

Replies

• OllyJ_79
    OllyJ_79 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well done on the initial weight loss. Looking at your diary, I suspect you are overestimating your exercise cals a bit. How tall are you etc?
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2" and current weight is 154. Last night's bootcamp session was 65-70 mins with little rest periods and I entered 55 mins to allow for the rest.
    I have ordered a HRM but it hasn't arrived yet so that may help, but even so I am under cals most days and still not lost anything.
  • OllyJ_79
    OllyJ_79 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    With those stats your BMR is around 1350 a day, I'd estimate your TDEE being around 1950-2000 type levels based on the activity you described.

I'd suggest you should probably aim to eat around 1500 cals a day 7 days a week, and not eat back any extra exercise calories, and then see how much change there is after two weeks. That should net you around 1lb a week loss.
  • katrn05
    katrn05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask if you are eating enough. I started back on MFP this past week as well. I started my calories at 1400 but increased them to 1900. There is no way I would be sane eating 1400 calories and doing CrossFit, kickboxing as well as running and biking.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Are you entering the foods yourself? Or using the database? You also need to be weighing.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    1750 calories per day, puts you are 10% if using "lightly active".....

Try 1550 consistently everyday for 2 weeks (don't jump around in your calories everyday). Don't worry about eating back, logging exercises, just make sure you eat 1550.

Make sure to watch the sodium, it bloats us chics out :) We retain water for any little movement in the universe :) Drink water to help flush the bloating.

Be sure to log everything (creamer in coffee, toppings on food, etc.)

You won't lose another 3 lbs in one week unless you go very low in calories, but the 1550 puts you around 20-25% (again at "lightly active).

Steady and consistent wins the race.

Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This is generally a generic answer - but are you weighing out all of your food using scales? You can sometimes over-estimate some of your foods. Call me pedantic, but I even weigh my fruit and vegetables. The HRM will also help when it comes to exercising, so that will be useful when you get it.

But give it a little more time. Sometimes your body needs a month or two to get used to the changes in exercise routine and food habits. 3 weeks is not really a long time.
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh everything but there are times when I can't so I try and over estimate. I am drinking 1-2 ltrs water per day via caffeine free tea (rooibos) and water. I did wonder about the not eating enough, but I guess I struggle to eat more than MFP says, I will try and be a bit more consistent with numbers and give it a few more weeks.