Any good protein sources on the go?

Options
Noticed not getting enough protein. Anyone know any good natural protein sources in the go that pack easy. Don't get any down time at work so work 9 hours without break. Need food can consume within 1 minute. Don't want manufactured shakes and allergic to milk products. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• dojomax
    dojomax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So if you don't want protein powders and you're alergic to milk... you're kinda limiting yourself. Unless you start carrying lean sliced deli meats with you everywhere. There's also this...

http://rapproteingummies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/social_about.jpeg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I keep protein bars in my purse. Works pretty well in a pinch.
  • leashb82
    leashb82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars, boiled eggs, portions of grilled chicken or deli meats, almonds ...
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Protein bars
    Beef / Turkey Jerky
    Protein shakes you make with water (if you have fridge access)
    Chicken or beef strips than can be eaten cold (again, if you have fridge access)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Take any meat, cook it at home and cut it into bite sized chunks. There you go.

Also, hard boiled eggs.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Also, hard boiled eggs.

This + homemade protein bars if you don't want to buy the mass manufactured ones. Also deli meat sammiches (which were a life savor to me)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Also, hard boiled eggs.

This, plus some protein bars (I personally like the Quest ones, but there are countless options out there). I also like lunch meat sandwiches from time to time.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a can/bag
    Jerky
  • fclefguy
    fclefguy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a couple cans of tuna a day, just a couple of bites and good source of protein. They come in little tear open bags, same with salmon, also good protein.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars, boiled eggs, portions of grilled chicken or deli meats, almonds ...

cottage cheese
    greek yogurt...
    MILK!!!!!!

I personally like nuts....but I would not rely on them as protein sources...
    They don't have a complete amino profile.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said...

+ Quest bars are my go to item when I need a protein boost.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Also muscletech and some other companies sell protein shooter tubes...never looked into them as far as overall bang for the buck, but I would think they are good in a pinch, some of them have as much as 26G per tube.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Check out Perky Turkey Jerky. I get a box every month from the manufacturer. It is 11g protein per 1 oz and it comes in a 2.2 oz pouch. Love it!

www.perkyjerky.com
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    In the UK most supermarkets have packs of chicken/turkey etc which are roasted and are cut into bit size bites about 100g or more, they can be eaten with your fingers and are healthy. :)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I bought a Teriaki 'Ostrim' (ostrich) jerky the other day at Planet Smoothie and was surprised at how good it was. .
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Can you try jerky? Cottage cheese?
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars.
    Stef.
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Also, hard boiled eggs.

This + homemade protein bars if you don't want to buy the mass manufactured ones. Also deli meat sammiches (which were a life savor to me)

How do you make homemade protein bars?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Nuts and jerky if you don't have refrigeration.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Jerky, crab sticks, hardboiled eggs.