Condiments , Cravings

Options
I think I am addicted to condiments more so than actual food, I eat more food to use more condiments. The killers for me are hot sauce, sour cream, salsa, omg cheese, salad dressing. I get the craving for these things and it's over. So I have to stay away from you for awhile my added extras, but I do love you dearly. Anyone else like me?, what are your weaknesses? what do you do when you have a craving?

Replies

• darney
    darney Posts: 9
    Options
    I am the same way with certain foods, I love sour cream on mexican food, and I eat it a lot. Oh and mozarella cheese on italian food, kills me.

I have an addiction to sugar that is awful after my son goes to bed. I'm trying to stick to yogurt for my fix, but its damn hard.
  • borkjr
    borkjr Posts: 14
    Options
    Most hot sauces have few calories -
    Instead of Sour Cream, I use Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt - it works really well as a substitute with a lot less calories
    Instead of using a lot of Salad Dressing - I will use maybe half salad dressing and half balsamic vinegar - by cutting it you still get to put a lot on the salad, but with half the calories....
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    salsa and hot sauce aren't bad in calories. I use plain yogurt in place of sour cream :) I make taco sauce with a can of tomato sauce and can of water, 1/4 c. crushed redpepper flakes, and a capfull of vinegar, and a T of oregano. :0 It's like 5 calorie a serving and it is super spicy. Fantastic on eggs!

It's the chips that kill me!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My biggest downfall is CHEESE!! I put it on everything!!
  • TeddyCharlton
    TeddyCharlton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with chocolate, chocolate chip cookies and all the extras. Especially with my cycle, I wish I new of a way to distract my hormones, because I definitely become the cookie monster. I like the greek yogurt substitution for sour cream, that works, but as far as chocolate chip cookies, I know of none.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I read a couple of different people mention greek yogurt substitute, never heard of it but I'll give it a try. Yeah hot sauce has like zero calories but that's not the problem my accessive cravings to put it on things....therefor eating more things to satisfy the craving for hot sauce is the problem. I did try once just eating crystal hot sauce with a spoon no food, but I got a funny look from my boyfriend and it made me feel weird.
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    I dont think i could eat certain foods without ketchup, sour cream or miracle whip. Everything in moderation..haha