PiYo

Options
Any one heard of the new crazed workout PiYo. It's basically Pilates as yoga combined.
But apparently it's been around for a little while.

Beachbody have chalene Johnson doing a PiYo workout DVD.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/piyo-workout.do

So have any of you done this and had good results/ bad results?
Ever heard of it?

Before and afters?

Replies

• ShabuPanda
    ShabuPanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started it this week. Today is Day 3 so we'll see at the end of the 8 weeks.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this, too!
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Starting a PIYO class tonight... sounds interesting
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started doing the Chaleene DVDs this week. I like it because it is not your typical yoga or Pilates. It moves quickly. I'm not doing this exclusively, though. I do stronglifts 3 times per week, walk, and ride my bike. I wanted to add in something for flexibility purposes, and the Chaleene DVDs appealed to me more than other ones. I like knowing that twice per week, I can fit this in.

As far as results, you may see some results because it is body weight training, but I'm not counting on that.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 and have loved it. I have a bad knee and the low impact and flexibly has worked well. At first it just gets you used to the moves then as you are thinking this is it. It becomes for intense. I can combine this with other workouts because they aren't that long shortest is 19, most are about 30, and then there are a few 35-40 min

So far I've noticed inches lost. I haven't really gotten on the scale yet. My first few weeks my eating was a little off now I've fixed that.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    One of the many group exercise fads that I cannot participate in. Too much foot impact.
    The only group classes I do are Body bump, modified for my limiting shoulder range, and CXWorks for core.
    PiYO looks cool. But unless I want more foot surgeries it is off my list. :)
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today ans excited to do it. I have lower back problems and just couldn't continue doing my T25. So hopefully this will help me and get results as well in my strength. Do you know how much calories it burns?
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I just did the PiYO Sculpt workout last night.......it was a decent workout.
    I'm kind of neutral about it.......I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. It gave me a pretty good burn.
  • suprangela79
    suprangela79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just bought PiYo and am excited for it to arrive. I love Beachbody workouts! I like that there is no jumping in PiYo so I can do it early in the morning and not wake anyone up.