no further weight loss!! driving me crazy

Options
I haven't dropped any further weight for the past two weeks. I have been logging my food intake and exercise and apart from 1 or 2 days when i have gone over the 1200 cal amount, I have been good. any ideas why?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    2 weeks without weight loss could be due to water retention from sodium, time of the month, or a # of other things. If you consistently log everything, weigh everything and are honest & accurate about what you're burning: then just give it time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to make it public, it would help for us to be able to see your diary in order to give constructive advice.

Otherwise, there's not much to tell you beyond what StaciMarie said...
  • ninoabs
    ninoabs Posts: 4
    Options
    thanks for that. very demoralising when the scale goes the other way!! I have actually put on 1 kg!! what makes it even worse is that I am being very careful about logging everything, to the point where I underdog exercise and over log food if you know what i mean.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Not uncommon at all.

Don't expect weight loss to be completely linear (ie - always drop exactly a pound a week)

Sometimes you'll go down 3, sometimes down 1/2, sometimes maintain, sometimes up one.

Ultimately, it's the long-term trend line that's important, not isolated day-to-day or week-to-week fluctuations.

Keep at it, and don't give up.
  • bylliall
    bylliall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found in the past that I tend to eat the same foods over and over, try changing WHAT you are eating and see if that helps. The body gets used to things and you sometimes have to shake things up a bit. I would go over the diary for the types of foods and see if change is available there.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    way too soon to say you aren't losing. your body is adjusting to the changes, weight fluctuates do to TOM for most females. sodium intake and muscles working harder both cause some water retention. and finally don't just look at the scale.