Help!!!!! Activity Level Question - What Am I Doing Wrong??

Options
So I re-started my weight-loss journey and I was doing really well. I started eating more fruits and veggies, eating less overall, and I began walking (at least 10k steps each day). I lost 15 pounds (12% of my overall goal) and I got my BMI under 40. I felt so confident that I was doing well. But this past week, I have not lost any weight at all, in fact, I may have even gained. My net calories during this time were anywhere from 900 (I know, I know) to about 2,400 calories though my average seems to be around 13-1400. I feel like I am trying so hard and I don't know why this week has been such a bust other than maybe I am eating too few calories? Idk. I selected sedentary as my activity level but I'm a part-time cashier at The Home Depot. I am on my feet a lot and lately I have been walking to/from work as well (about a 3 mile walk each way). I really wish I could just afford to see a Nutritionist or Dietician, but oh well, that's okay because I have you guys!!! :happy:

So here are my questions:
A) Should I change my activity level? Am I active? Slightly active?
B) Am I doing this wrong??????
C) Is there anyone who has experienced something similar or knows what I'm going through?

Thank you so much in advance everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is closed.

Consistency helps, no reason for you to eat over 1600 if your BMI is near 40. For several weeks you could eat less than that too.

A "sedentary" setting is for a desk job, your job sounds more active than that so the next step up might be appropriate.
  • TheLovelyKenne
    Options
    Your food diary is closed.

Consistency helps, no reason for you to eat over 1600 if your BMI is near 40. For several weeks you could eat less than that too.

A "sedentary" setting is for a desk job, your job sounds more active than that so the next step up might be appropriate.

Sorry, it's open now. My goal was about 1300 calories.... Maybe that was too low?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no the only thing I can see you are doing wrong is expecting weight loss to be linear...it doesn't work that way.

If you are consistently under maitenance (daily/weekly/monthly) you will lose weight it just might not be 1lb a week every week.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd switch activity level to active (not lightly active) but not log the walks to/from work. Or lightly active and log them.

Aim for consistency in your food logs. Weigh everything, log everything. Be 100% honest. Its fine to eat higher some days - but still track it all. And on higher days, don't lose control. Make choices about what you eat & how much.

As to this week not losing - it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. You will not lose every week, no matter what. Some weeks you'll maintain or even gain. Water weight plays tricks on the scale. Water weight is temporary, and can flare up due to time of the month, high sodium, or even a new fitness routine. Have faith that the lifestyle is worth it. And check again for a loss on the scale in a few weeks.