30 day shred dvd...helppp? so much pain. :(

Options
I did day 1 of 30DS, yesterday. Today I can BARELY go down stairs... it hurts ALOT. every muscle in my body is killing me! How can i possibly do it again today if i can barely move? ALSO, isnt it bad to overwork muscles like that???

Replies

• Cudders
    Cudders Posts: 28
    Options
    LOL...most of us have been there, after a good workout has given us a beating. It just our bodies telling us that we took on maybe a tiny bit too much. As weird as it sounds, I find that I get rid of the soreness quicker if I manage to warm up the muscles again with some light exercise like walking. Once you're over the soreness, tackle it again. It will be much less sore next time if at all, I promise!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and do some serious stretching. It will help with the soreness and try some pain killers
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just tried it the other day too and only made it about halfway through, and I consistently do an hour of cardio every morning. lol I think it is because it is pretty hight intensity... there is a lot of jumping jacks and jumping in general, which is good to be adding to your fitness routine, but it might be easier on your joints if you ease into working out with say a bike or elliptical... you may have to go for a longer period of time. but your knees won't be screaming at you the next day :)
  • emilillymom
    Options
    I am on day 5 of 30 shred. The first day, I had a lot of pain walking down the steps. But I took some aleve and felt much better the next day. And it does get easier and the soreness goes away.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Do some more exercise - warm your body up and stretch those muscles - I always feel much better after doing something, else it takes me days to get over hard workouts like that xx
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    ha ha , yes it hurts. I got the DVD for christmas, First day, was hell and that was just trying to do it. (level 1) And I have to do absolute beginners I've modified it to my capabilities. Gave it a go next day, Then gave it a miss for a week or so. Then did it again for 2 days, then a break from it again. I am now on day 5, well haven't done it yet, but intend to. My body is tired and sore, but I think I am starting to feel the difference. I will do what I can not sure I have the time to do 30days in a row, but will 'enjoy ' what i can and be proud of what I manage. Any exercise is good and you have done day 1 and obviously worked very hard at it. Well done.
  • Amandaprice27
    Options
    I just got that last night to try it out but also doing P90x and it is pretty intense
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I felt like that too, but stick with it, by day 4 not only will you wake up ache free but you'll feel fantastic!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    If it's not CRAZY pain...try the work out again...this will help loosen those muscles up...I remember that I couldn't even sit on the loo because my quads were hurting to much...but I made it to day 30!!

If you are in a LOT of pain, then give it a miss for a day or two, however, after you have done the workout a few times, it will honestly get so mucg easier. :flowerforyou: