Whey protein powders

Replies

• love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    I use Gold Standard's Whey in Rich Double Chocolate. It's actually pretty tasty, and a lot of people into strength training around here use this brand.
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Optimum nutrition is yummy
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    isopure vanilla is my fav..
  • mchlsmit
    mchlsmit Posts: 13 Member
    I try to avoid too much dairy so I use pressed hemp protein powder in 300ml of non-dairy milk (usually soya). Add a banana and blend. About 16 grams of protein and easily digested. Reduce the calories by excluding the banana.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Pulsin Whey Isolate. It's a bit pricey but no weird chemicals, GM free and made from hormone free milk from grass fed cows.
  • jonathanbaynes3
    jonathanbaynes3 Posts: 2 Member
    remember the more flavoursome the protein the less Protein content it holds.

Choc smooth from Myprotein is nice, Vanilla and Strawberry are too sweet and chemically
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Pro-Jym from JYM supplements in the S'mores flavor is amazing
    Trutein was also awesome
    anything ON has always been good
  • I use Nature's Best® Natural Isopure® - Unflavored.

Everytime I hear the word protein it reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QJ9i_o5vo

"F*ckn' protein, where's the G**damn protein mom, I told you to get me some protein!"
  • I'm with those who recommend Optimum Nutrition Natural whey protein powder. I recently ordered this brand and I must say I am impressed with the taste, of the chocolate flavor. I mix the powder with milk and a little cold water. Works great.
  • Chickey6464
    Chickey6464 Posts: 1 Member
    I love Muscle Gauge Nutrition Whey Isolate.
    http://www.mgnstore.com/best-sellers/pure-whey-protein-isolate.html

Cake batter is my favorite flavor, mixes well with water, almond milk.
    I love it in oatmeal and all my protein baking.
  • I say find something that agrees with you, and make sure that it is Whey Isolate and not Concentrate. Quicker absorption is helpful. Brands are brands. Mainly the same, currently I am using Black Dragon Compound X, Chocolate flavor and have used Lean Pro Matrix in the past. Both good, and high in protein content. I typically recommend Chocolate or Vanilla, chocolate because well it masks the flavor and Vanilla if I want to mix things in with it to make it taste good.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    I have two favorites:

Trutein Cinnabun - I like that it's low calorie and it's a blend. I also like that it's not proprietary so they'll tell you exactly what's in it.
    BSN Syntha Six Vanilla Ice Cream - This is my favorite tasting and great quality but it's higher calorie so I use it less frequently.

I'm planning to stick to Trutein for my current goals (little bit of weight loss, getting back into exercising frequently). I want to try the peanut butter chocolate flavor next.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    ON natural vanilla all the way :love: :love: :love:
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    EAS Lean 15 is my favorite. Low in calories too, 2 scoops is 100 cals, but only 15 grams of protein. Best part it is super yummy, I use the chocolate flavor with skim milk and 2 TBSPs of PB2 and it tastes like a Peanut Butter Cup!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Kaizen All Naturals Whey Isolate - Vanilla is delish!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    I can't afford any protein powders :'(

I was in the same boat for a long time. I found Body fortress in Walmart and used it for a long time. Appx 2-3 years. Now my tastes have changed and I am using GNC. It is costly I know but the body fortress may be a less expensive way to go.

Good Luck!!
  • msequoya
    msequoya Posts: 1 Member
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Cocolate Peanut Butter is by far the best I've ever had. I love Reese's PB Cups and this is my substitute for them. I highly recommend it!
  • liddylee
    liddylee Posts: 9 Member
    My faves are Cellucor (PB marshmallow, smores, cinnamon swirl and mint choc chip are delicious) and Optimum Nutrition (Moch Cappucino is yummy).
  • ahardy01
    ahardy01 Posts: 4 Member
    My favorites are AllMax IsoFlex strawberry, Dymatize Orange Dreamsicle and Truien Chocolate covered Banana! If you looking the best is Isolates then it's IsoFlex all the way!
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    These days, I use 5 the pounders of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard only. Cookies and cream mostly. Mixes well, and its clean. And has in it, exactly what I want.

You pretty much get what you pay for with protein powder. If you buy the cheap crap, that`s exactly what you will get. Won`t mix, clumps, hurts you stomach and will sometimes give you diarrhea.

My advice is, read and compare the Nutrition Facts labels. You will find all the answers that you need there, the taste is secondary.