Calories Burned

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal just this week. I love the detail it gives me. However, I would love to be able to enter the workout video I use and know what level / category it is and how many calories it burns.
I currently work out to Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile. I also use Walk Away your Waisline (3 miles) all by Leslie Sansone. Are these considered aerobic workouts? They also use weights. I would love some input. I want to be accurate on the calories I am burning.

User Name: Freda

Replies

• Freda
    Freda Posts: 15
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal just this week. I love the detail it gives me. However, I would love to be able to enter the workout video I use and know what level / category it is and how many calories it burns.
    I currently work out to Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile. I also use Walk Away your Waisline (3 miles) all by Leslie Sansone. Are these considered aerobic workouts? They also use weights. I would love some input. I want to be accurate on the calories I am burning.

User Name: Freda
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i just started walking to leslie's videos i am doing the one mile walk and am wondering the same thing how many calories are burned with that particular video. I added the one mile walk to my curves routine just this week .
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hey freda! I would reccomend investing in a heart rate monitor, and then u would know exactly how many calories you're burning :) I would consider both of those workouts to be aerobic activity. Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Lauren
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hey freda! I would reccomend investing in a heart rate monitor, and then u would know exactly how many calories you're burning :) I would consider both of those workouts to be aerobic activity. Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Lauren

ya, ditto what Lauren said! Grab a HRM and then you can add your exercise program manually on the add exercise page and input exactly what you burn to be as accurate as possible :)

How many calories you burn during any given workout will vary depending on your height, weight, age and how intense (high-impact, low-impact) you do it at. I totally am going to get a HRM soon for this very reason :)

edit: oh and welcome!! :) Good to have you here :heart:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I do the three mile walk and I usually burn around 300 calories for it...I am 5'4", 317 pounds, and it takes me about 50 minutes to do the workout...so that's somewhat of an idea...

When I enter in these DVDs, I use "walking, 2.5 mph" or "walking, 3.5 mph" They are usually fairly close to what my heart rate monitor says I am actually burning...hope this helps a bit
  • Freda
    Freda Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. That helps. I am used to counting points with my current system so tracking calories and carbs is a new approach. I lost 114 pounds and kept it off for about 5 years. I guess getting older changes your body because I have gained 15 of it back over the last year and a half. I refuse to give up...I will fit aging and wieght gain until the end.

Freda