Introducing myself...

Options
Hi all!
I'm new to MFP...tried it before but never really reached out to the community. I'm looking forward to supporting and being supported by others here!

Here's a brief "about me" :
I'm 5'6", 240 lbs, 30 years old. Two little ones, married. Ideally, I need to lose 80 pounds or more. I don't eat "clean"...I'm trying to just stay in the recommended calorie limitations for now.

I'm a self proclaimed nerd: terrible at sports, love video games, art, music, movies, and academics.
I am a teacher and love love all things education- especially teaching special education, reading, and science!

I most desperately need a work-out buddy...I have an endless supply of excuses for not exercising! I can't even bring myself to walk outside for fear of strangers gawking at the fat girl strolling around! Indoor DVDs are probably what I need at first =D

Anyway, I stopped in to say hi! Please add me if you like- I would definitely appreciate it!

<3 Mak

Replies

• Shelalala
    Options
    Hi there!

I used to go on MFP a lot but randomly just stopped one day. I also never reached out to the community but I figured now it's time I do! The app really helps keep you aware of what you intake on a daily basis.

Background on me: I'm 20 years old, go to school full-time, work a part-time desk job, and am somewhat active. I used to be much more active but unfortunately I've become lazy. *sad face* I'm a relatively healthy person, and I do not need to lose weight but would like to shed some fat and add in some muscle and toning. Btw although you can lose weight simply by cutting portions and adding in exercise, I do highly recommend adding healthier foods into your diet, you'll simply feel much better :)

Any who, know I'm here to support you and would love some support back as well! :)
  • cjacobs81
    cjacobs81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to MFP but then again I'm not. I"ve had an account for years now but never used it but now that I'm back on my weight loss journey I figured it couldn't hurt to have that extra support. I make sure I log my food and exercise everyday.

A little bit about me. I'm 33 my starting weight was 242 but I've lost 9 pounds so far, married no kids yet but planning to have one, I work fulltime in an office so majority of the day I'm sitting so that's why it's important for me to really hit the gym and do Zumba quite often a week. My goal is to lose 109 pounds as I am 5'2'. Welcome back to MFP and if their is anything I can do to help I would love to. I also do youtube videos my channel is FITabulous Diva and you can also follow me on twitter if you have a twitter account @FITabulousDiva.