Shakes or Smoothie Recipes???

Options
What are some good recipes for shakes or smoothies?

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love my Chocolate Shakeology (meal replacement shake) with peanut butter and a banana. Oh, it is so yummy and cures my bad chocolate cravings!!! Not to mention the healthiest meal of my day!
  • hkbeason
    Options
    ooo i love peanut butter! That's my total weakness. How do you make that?
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    I have the following smoothie everyday for breakfast.

1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    1/2 cup Dannon All Natural Vanilla Yogurt
    1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
    1/3 cup 100% Apple Juice

It's really good and makes a HUGE smoothie with lots of fiber. I always end up sharing with my daughter.
  • beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    take 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1 scoop of protein powder (fruit or vanilla), milk and yogurt or a banana if you can afford the calories.
    blend and you've got a great breakfast full of protein!!:glasses:
  • hkbeason
    Options
    I have the following smoothie everyday for breakfast.

1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    1/2 cup Dannon All Natural Vanilla Yogurt
    1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
    1/3 cup 100% Apple Juice

It's really good and makes a HUGE smoothie with lots of fiber. I always end up sharing with my daughter.

This also sounds great! Thanks :)
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein, ½ cup skim milk, 2/3 cup water, ¾ cup ice and ½ frozen banana (peel and slice when ripe then freeze – you can keep these forever so I highly recommend stocking up). The banana gives it the smooth whipped texture like a milkshake and the taste is not watered down by reducing the milk.
  • benbidder
    Options
    My shake is similar..
    Strawberries, blueberries and half a banana
    1/2C ff plain yogurt
    1/4C Trop50 oj
    1 scoop protein powder

Yum yum! :)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Super Advanced Whey Fortress Cookies and Cream (Walmart Version great and cheap)
    1 tbsp of Jif Creamy
    1/2 Cup of Greek No Fat Yogurt (this is the key)
    1/2 Cup of 2% or Skim Milk
    Ice

Blend and OMG its awesome. The Greek Yogurt cuts the sweetness and the protein aftertaste.
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i also use the whey fortress chocolate peanut butter and i add alittle banana with skim milk, but i never tried it w the greek yogurt
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The greek yogurt or plain yogurt makes it smoother and it has no fat and protein is really high. For me it takes that super sweet taste away and makes it more of a normal sweet. Protein shakes sometimes, imo, are too sweet or too high on the flavor chart. This balances it out and reduces all the frothy bubbles. That's worth it for me right there.
    5913540 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie blender. I mix 2 large spoons of vanilla liht yogurt, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 4 frozen strawberries, handfull frozen blueberries, eithe 1 fresh banana or 1/3 canned peaches, 2 small ice cubes, a little shot of vanilla extract and some equal then mix till smooth. You can use any type of fruit you like except oranges...........too much juice. The frozen berries are pretty inexpensive and they add some water by themselves. I also add i scoop of low fat protien powder, some flaxx seed powder and fish oil for supplements.

Very low calorie loaded with protien to fill ya up for a while.
  • crystalDRA
    crystalDRA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this one, It's called cereal killer

http://www.fitclick.com/recipe_Cereal_Killer_Smoothie?fd=255714

But this one is my absolute favorite!! It's called PB & J. Soooo goood!

http://www.mealsmatter.org/recipes-meals/recipe/34646
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Mango Smoothie

Ingredients

3/4 cup cold milk
    1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
    3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mango
    3 ice cubes(or freeze the chopped mango the night before) and omit cubes

Directions

Blend the milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, mango, and ice cubes in a blender until smooth and creamy.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 157 | Total Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 9mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    All good answers. The only thing I'll add is that I have a rack (a wine rack, actually) that is FULL of every possible flavor of sugar free espresso syrups, and I use them in my smoothies (in addition to my coffee). Sometimes, I'll make my chocolate (protein powder) shake a chocolate raspberry one, or a chocolate coconut one ... The possibilities are endless and the syrup adds no calories.

The syrup also comes in handy when I feel like a flavored coffee creamer, but don't want the calories -- I just use the fat free half and half and a touch of whatever flavor of espresso syrup I want ... Yummo!!

The possibilities are endless .... I use this stuff in many, many dishes/drinks.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Banana Nutmeg"

Recipe:
    1 cup milk, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 frozen banana, 2 tblsp peanut butter, 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
    Place all ingredients in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.

Makes: 2 servings
  • LauraMeyer
    Options
    I have the green shakeology. It doesn't always hit the spot, but it has so many good things in it! Thanks for reminding me to starting drinking that again :)
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love my Chocolate Shakeology (meal replacement shake) with peanut butter and a banana. Oh, it is so yummy and cures my bad chocolate cravings!!! Not to mention the healthiest meal of my day!
    Where do you find "Shakeology" I keep hearing about it, is it something you would find at the grocery store or GNC?
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a website you can visit, I'll message you my link!!
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    What is this Whey you guys are talking about and what section of the store do I get it? And what are the calories and benefits?