FitBit calories in vs out not making sense

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, because the day isn't done.

What I suggest: based on your prior end of day total burns: set a daily burn goal for yourself. You can edit your Fitbit goals from your dashboard. Make it realistic but don't take the easy way out. Such as if you've averaged 2400/day then set your goal for 2425-2450.

1. Set Fitbit calories per day goal
    2. Google your BMR and divide by 24 to know what your BMR is per hour
    3. What time do you normally settle down at the end of the day? Make a mental note of what your calories burned should be at this time so you know you'll hit your goal by midnight.

Example: Right now my goal is 2000/day. Yes, I'm taking it a little bit easy as I'm dealing w/ back to school schedules for me & the kids on top of 2 jobs and being a grad student. Anyhow, my BMR is about 60/hour. So at 9pm I want my Fitbit to show me at 1820 calories burned. (2000 - 3*60) That way I know I'll hit 2000 for the day.

Having the daily goal, and making sure to hit it, means you know what your calorie intake range is because you know where your calorie burn will be.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    i thought i understood my fitbit and the cals in/cals out , now i'm more confused than ever!!
  • sls8
    sls8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Confusing as ever.