• 1seb1
    1seb1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The advantage of fruits sugar is that it is accompanied by fiber
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

The advantage of added sugar is it is accompanied by fat, protein, fibre, and deliciousness (the 4th Macro)
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

The advantage of added sugar is it is accompanied by fat, protein, fibre, and deliciousness (the 4th Macro)

Nuts also has fat, protein fibre and is delicious :tongue:
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!
    LOL so true:laugh:
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had eliminated refined sugar for 3-4 weeks, and did great, felt great, cravings gone. Then the birthday parties hit.....and cupcakes....and as soon as that sugar hit my system I was hooked again. So I am back to day 1, allowing NO refined sugar in my diet, and suffering the cravings. Reintroduction went very badly for me. Just a warning that once you kick those cravings the best thing would be to stay far away forever haha!!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I think that's fine.

Moderation, blah blah, we all know about moderaton. I'm a big believer in moderation, but sometimes it's good to just lower the excess sugar intake, like in coffee, or cereal, or candy, etc.

If it's in my ice cream, then yeah, I'm gonna eat it, but if I can have my coffee without sugar, then why not? I can drink coffee without sugar. Sometimes it's about stopping something temporarily, like you said, just to get you started.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar temporarily too - back in March. I planned to start back up at Easter but decided I'd try to go a little longer. Here it is the middle of July and I still haven't gone back to eating it. I'm sure I will sometime, but I don't really miss it. That's really surprising because before I was a sugarholic!

No fruit and veg then?

Were not talking about natural sugar we are talking about desserts and candy :tongue: atleast that's what I was talking about :ohwell: hahaha

It's ok, I knew what you meant. :flowerforyou:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Nuts also has fat, protein fibre and is delicious :tongue:

I'd rather eat cake than the equivalent calories in nuts though. :wink:
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    Here is my issue with sugar. It's everywhere, added sugar is in 90% of products in your grocery store. For me personally, I can't just have one piece of cake, one potato chip, one chocolate bar. It just leads me to more EMPTY calories.

If you can get away with just one and moderation then great for you, I'm jeolous, really. But for many of us that just isn't reality. Logging my calories here on MFP has really opened my eyes to how many calories I was taking in, even though I thought I was controlling them.

Sugar, for me, induces cravings. So I stay away from them. Do what you do to keep yourself successful.