What did you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    The usual, 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 cup unsweetened silk almond milk, Tablespoon of chia seeds, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts and a banana all in the same bowl.
  • mylovelyremedy
    Options
    5 dates (130) dairy free/sugar free coffee (30) and a fiber one brownie bar (90) : total: 250 calories

I love getting the fiber in the morning, aids with my digestion system SO much. (I have IBS)
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had 1 cup(cooked) of warm oatbran cereal with blueberries and apple butter mixed in, and an omlette(2 organic cage free eggs) with sliced mushrooms and fresh salsa mixed in! So yummy, and only 310 calories! Typical vegetarian/dairy free breakfast!
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    At 8:00
    Large banana
    2 T peanut butter
    2 cups black coffee

Then I was uncharacteristically hungry by 9:00 so at 9:30 I had a Simply Fit snack bar. Fixed it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Last night I mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, tsp honey, 1/4 tbsp. ground flaxseed & 1/8 c. oats. Mixed up this morning and added a whole banana. It was overly sweet, to my surprise. Next time I'll leave the honey out.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    pie
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This morning it was a protein shake with Greek yogurt, protein powder, frozen peaches, and chia seeds. Plus my usual coffee & creamer.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I scrambled egg white and 1 scrambled whole egg, sauteed onion, tomato and mushroom and 1 cumberland sausage:-) Courtesy of my husband
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    at 6:30 before aquafit I had my homemade banana nut chocolate muffins...

recipe here: http://paleomg.com/banana-nut-chocolate-chip-muffins/

3 cups of water by the time 8:30 rolled around...

then at 8:45 my second breakfast time when I do aquafit in the morning - I had my morning smoothie - today with frozen spinach, banana, blueberries, apple, Kaizen whey protein powder, a tablespoon of Now superseeds (flax, chia, hemp) and water. (about 300 calories with my vitamins/supplements)...

Yumm!
  • Demosthenes1
    Options
    Two crumpets with flax seed peanut butter and two boiled eggs.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love the breakfast taco idea with turkey bacon, hard boiled egg and hot sauce. Thanks for that!

My usual breakfast - 1 cup of raisen bran with 1 cup of organic 1 % milk.
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cup organic red quinoa with 2 runny eggs on top, also added 70 grams of chopped avocado & 2 Tbsps salsa. Absolutely delicious and filling. :)
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon roll oatmeal. 294 calories, 42C | 9F | 12P

It has:
    oats (50g)
    greek yogurt (60g)
    cinnamon (a pinch)
    vanilla extract (a pinch)
    honey (10g)

I mix all of that with water and cook it.
    Then with light cream cheese (20g), a pinch of vanilla extract and cinnamon I make a "frosting" that I swirl into the cooked oatmeal. It is so good I almost feel guilty for eating it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Breakfast #1: Overnight oats and protein latte
    Breakfast #2: 2 eggs, Jeni's Cinderella Pumpkin ice cream and a protein latte
    No thirdsies
  • briannetrujillo
    briannetrujillo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A smoothie with Greek yogurt, spinach, a banana, almond/coconut milk, and PB2. Also, a piece of whole grain toast with 1 T of natural peanut butter.
  • ch1ckpea1
    Options
    Great ideas! I am going to try a lot of these out, thanks for sharing!
  • scthomas100
    scthomas100 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with toast topped with avocado and sriracha
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Banana and Peanut Butter. I found Jif To Go (I know it's not as healthy, but it tastes good - though not as good as Skippy) through Amazon cheaper per ounce than the large containers. I bought a bunch and it allows me to have built-in portion control so I don't overdue it on the peanut butter.
  • ottacat
    ottacat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Four out of five days its:

1 cup cooked steel cut oats
    1/2 scoop isolate whey protein powder
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    cinnamon powder
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (small curd 4% milk fat), a medium size banana, a piece of tamarind candy, and a coffee with cream.

282 Calories; 14 Protein; 15 Calcium; 8 Fat; 38 Carbs