Whey protein powders

Options
13»

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    TRUTEIN! By Body Nutrition.

I've heard that Optimum Nutrition is really good, but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE protein though is Trutein by Body Nutrition (bodynutrition.com)... it is... absolutely... heavenly. As long as you mix it up completely (I use a blender bottle), and I typically use milk cause I like the creamy, milkshake like consistency/texture... but it's just as good, flavor wise, with water!

They have all kinds of delicious flavors:
    -Chocolate truffle
    -Vanilla
    -Orange creamsicle
    -Cinnabun (wonderful)
    -Chocolate Peanut butter cup - Amazing! My absolute favorite. Made with real peanuts apparently.

And their newest flavors are:

-Red Velvet Cake - Made with REAL cream cheese, and it literally tastes like a red velvet cake in shake form - This is coming from someone who is VERY picky about protein drinks.
    -Peanut Butter Marshmallow cookie - I was really looking forward to having this one, but unfortunately it was the most disappointing out of all the new flavors, in my opinion.
    -Lemon Meringue Pie - This one was a shocker to me, it tastes like they somehow managed to take a lemon meringue pie and transform it into powder - the sweet and tangy lemony flavor was quite impressive.
    Last one is Mocha Caramel. I was always kinda grossed out with coffee flavored proteins, but this one took me by surprise. Could easily have this on a daily basis instead of my usual iced coffees... made with real coffee, and you can add more, fresh coffee to it! Tastes loveeellyyyyy.

They also have chocolate protein pudding! YAAAAAAYYY!

Yeah... I'm crazy about Trutein. It's a little expensive, but super worth it.

Oh my god I want to try the Red Velvet and Chocolate Peanut Butter cup! The site isn't working on my computer right now though. grrrr
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can't afford any protein powders :'(

I was in the same boat for a long time. I found Body fortress in Walmart and used it for a long time. Appx 2-3 years. Now my tastes have changed and I am using GNC. It is costly I know but the body fortress may be a less expensive way to go.

Good Luck!!

I just buy mine at Wal Mart too. I just want the protein and if you look at labels of expensive and not expensive the protein is almost the same, its the other enrichments that vary.
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I seen someone say Body Fortress!!!! I just got mine again. I really like the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I don't like any protein in plain water, but it is tasty with milk. you could also try adding cinnamon to it!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Protein 17 organic whey. I absolutely love it!
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at save on foods it is a whey protein powder blueberry pommegranite it is so good,has a nice taste. I bought some brown rice protein powder and I don't like it at all, The whey protein powder was a very reasonable price and lasts a long time
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Bump for info!
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MTS Whey from tigerfitness.com has amazing macros and an even more amazing taste, I was using gold standard and dymatize for ever, but MTS is just amazing, and they don't amino spike their protein, it's 100% legit.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary for everyone. I don't branch out a ton as I tend to be finicky about flavors/texture.
    For me I found that BNRG Power Crunch Proto Whey works really well, it's meant to mix with water.
    It doesn't mix well with whole milk but may work better with other liquids.

2 scoops is 140 cals and in essence a small percentage of my daily intake.
    I've found that it works fairly well, no stomach or GI issues.

Good Luck!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard...... love the Extreme Chocolate Milk.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I workout hard on the AMT (eliptical type machine) to the point where I can burn 1000 calories in an hour should I be taking protein before and after for this?

After specially in the first hour when your body needs it for muscle recovery

Yes you definitely should be consuming high volumes of simple carbs and protein for muscle recovery and get your levels back to normal. I have read that the first 30-60 min max is the most important time to be fueling your body after an intense workout.

Thanks everyone for your input on the flavors and brands.
    http://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-53.pdfhttp://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-53.pdf

"In the full meta-regression model controlling for all covariates, however, no significant differences were found between treatment and congrol for strength or hypertrophy. . . These results refute the commonly held belief that the timing of protein intake in and around a training session is critical"
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I workout hard on the AMT (eliptical type machine) to the point where I can burn 1000 calories in an hour should I be taking protein before and after for this?

After specially in the first hour when your body needs it for muscle recovery

Yes you definitely should be consuming high volumes of simple carbs and protein for muscle recovery and get your levels back to normal. I have read that the first 30-60 min max is the most important time to be fueling your body after an intense workout.

Thanks everyone for your input on the flavors and brands.
    http://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-53.pdfhttp://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-53.pdf

"In the full meta-regression model controlling for all covariates, however, no significant differences were found between treatment and congrol for strength or hypertrophy. . . These results refute the commonly held belief that the timing of protein intake in and around a training session is critical"
    Excellent resource right there :drinker:
    Alan Aragon FTMFW!