Getting fir for the Dirty 30

Options
So I just turned 29, and graduated nursing school and started working as an RN in a local hospital. Things have been crazy the last few years I have been in school ( I also have a husband and 3 kids under 10). Now that things are calming down I want to get into really good shape before I hit 30. I have been good in the past about losing weight for occasions like my wedding or a vacation but I always gain some back and I know that's unhealthy so I need to make permanent changes. My husband actually had weightloss surgery in April and has lost over 100lbs already so he's kind of motivational for me. My downfall is comfort foods. Sometimes I just want BBQ and mac and cheese, or a yummy cheese soup especially in the fall. My goal is to rework some of my favorite comfort foods into healthier versions, and get my butt back in the gym.

Replies

• Tigg_
    Tigg_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you having some really good goals! Wishing you all the best :) x
  • dvdlover
    dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    mac n cheese my weakness .............2 comfort food always its a habit..........need to feed the brain so we don't let it know were dieting ............lmao............jim and thanks
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Family is a great motivator...I know mine was! Feel free to add me!
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing school! I know how taxing nursing school can be and I didn't have children! My goal is to have a better 30rd decade as well. I started about 6 months ago and turned 30 about 2 weeks ago. So far so good. Feel free to add me. I am trying new recipes especially lighter comfort foods! I am active daily.
  • Juls212
    Juls212 Posts: 12
    Options
    Omg I'm just like you! Turning 30 this year, 3 kids under 10 and comfort food does me in everytime. Most the weight I've gained over my life was during times of great stress where I needed extra comfort and turned to food without realizing it. Would like to jump star my weight loss now before I'm 30 to mak my 30s some of my best years!
  • joeygambucci
    joeygambucci Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Man .. Im close to 40 !! sooo time to get fit and look like ive always wanted !! Feel free to add.