Curves Fitness

Options
Ok so how many of you ladies saw great results going to Curves? I checked out my local one and it really wasn't what I expected. But I'm interested in joining anyway.

You spend 30 seconds on each equipment and switch.
It is a 30 minute workout.

Would like to hear from you and see what you like/dislike about it. And if its worth the money to sign up.
Thanks!

Replies

• StephanieMM717
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. Is it worth my money?
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I tried a "generic" version of Curves. It was nice because it was a woman's-only facility so I felt comfortable. The 30-minute work outs are good, and you can do it twice to make it an hour. Sadly, I got bored. it's the same ol' thing so if you get bored easily, it's not for you.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago and lost weight and tightened up. I enjoyed it, but it was repetitive. Of course, you can change it up on the stations between the machines. It's all a matter of what you will stick with I think.
  • sheliajim
    Options
    I just joined Curves and I'm hoping it works out okay. I simply need to get moving. I might get bored with the circuit but they have a couple of sessions a week where you do a Jillian Michaels workout between machines, instead of your own thing. I think that will be an interesting component to the workout. I plan to go the 3-5 times a week and on the days of the Jillian Michaels workouts.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I used curves years ago and lost 50 lbs. Liked the atmosphere of my club... felt like I never really outgrew it, I just went faster/harder added more interesting steps to the pads. I needed to spend the $ to motivate myself, liked the concept and people at mine. Moved and tried one IN My New area. Didn't like it nearly as much. Fast forward a decade and I've lost 70 lbs (gained the 50 back after pregnancies) without it. So i know I can do it alone, but at that time in my life I loved the community the ladies at mine very very friendly and super supportive. Watch the monthly draft though, if you sign up with auto deduct it's kind o
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oops. Posted too soon. Just wanted to say it required a written paper to cancel the auto draft. I was annoyed I couldn't do it over the phone.