Question

Kaydismom
Kaydismom Posts: 6 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Which should you do first: eat breakfast or work out?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Personally, when I work out in the mornings I always eat breakfast before I workout. Your body needs energy and you've just spent around eight hours (or more if you stop eating a certain amount of time before bed, like I do) not giving it any actual fuel. Trying to workout without eating will probably make you feel more tired and sluggish during the workout.

But I can also understand not wanting a full stomach right before working out. So what I usually do is some egg whites and a piece of Sara Lee toast or just a bowl of cereal with almond milk and then give myself about 30 minutes or so, just to let the food settle a little. Then after my workout I'll have some small additional bit of carb/protein.

Even when I workout after work, I usually plan my between lunch and dinner snacks so I'm eating my last one pretty close to when I'm heading our to my workout. I hate working out on an empty stomach even more than I do on a full stomach.
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    I would eat something to give you fuel before a morning workout - preferably a banana
This discussion has been closed.