Yay or nay to Shakeology

Options
jothekid
jothekid Posts: 230 Member
Hey everyone :)

Would like to get some feedback from people who tried it out to know if it's really worth the high price. Did you actually feel a difference in the way you felt? What flavor was better if you tried more than one? Any kind of info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I felt more prepared to take on the world after my shakes.

32369.gif

Seriously, it's not worth the extra price. You're paying for marketing.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Would like to get some feedback from people who tried it out to know if it's really worth the high price. Did you actually feel a difference in the way you felt? What flavor was better if you tried more than one? Any kind of info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Nope. Not worth the price. It's lower quality product for the cost. They taste chalky and they aren't miracle food. They don't make you feel any different than if you drank a different shake or just ate the nutritional equivalent in solid foods. Save your money.

Note: The reason they are so expensive is because instead of one middle man selling the product, there are dozens. This is the product of the multilevel marketing pyramid scheme that the company uses to sell its inferior product. It's also why the product is inferior. If they sold a quality product that cost more at the start, the end price they'd have to sell them at would be prohibitive after giving everyone their cut.

Save your money.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Anyone who felt "better" was probably by placebo effect.

Nothing in Shakeology is special or magical and everything in it can be found within a balanced diet.

Waste of money.

If you don't mind wasting money, go for it.

The only personal experience I have with it is a friend of mine last year tried to get me to buy from her. I refused. She lost a significant amount of weight (from an extreme calorie deficit, not because of the shakes) and is currently suffering with metabolism damage from sustained long term VLCD over the course of that year.

I lost 53 lbs over 9 months and am in the best shape of my life learning moderation and lifting heavy things. I feel great eating a balanced diet.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    tried it. felt no different than any other shake I've had, and did not feel less hungry. Tastes fine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It filled me up more than other shakes, and that's about it. It helped with cravings, but I can't say it wouldn't have been the case with another shake as well... Rather spend the money elsewhere now.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To me it taste like chalk. Besides, there are tons of shakes that are equivalent, if not better, for a quarter of the price.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Please don't waste your money on it. Get protein powder and take a multi-vitamin. If you eat fruits/veggies (real food), yogurt- you get all your nutrients from food and aren't wasting $147/month on Shakeology.
  • lindseykp
    Options
    It really helped me with my cravings. I was going to Starbucks twice a day!!! After about a month of Shakeology I was down to 1 time every 2 weeks. Some people maybe done benefit from it. But I really did! It cost more...yes, but Starbucks was costing me more than the Shakeology!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Did you know a skinny mocha latte is 190 calories for 18g of protein?

Good macros. Still cheaper than Shakeology
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Just_Say_Neigh.gif
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nay...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No....Just no... You can get a better quality protein shake, for much cheaper at your local gnc, vitamin shoppe type of store. Shakeology is just another multi level marketing scheme. Don't waste your money
  • MelissaDonahue12
    MelissaDonahue12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have all this negative feedback. If I were you I would research it on your own. Compare ingredients to other shakes in the market. Good luck finding one without a bunch of crap in it. Btw...pyramid schemes are illegal, and companies do get investigated for it, look at Herbalife for example. Make your decision based on ingredients and facts.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have all this negative feedback. If I were you I would research it on your own. Compare ingredients to other shakes in the market. Good luck finding one without a bunch of crap in it. Btw...pyramid schemes are illegal, and companies do get investigated for it, look at Herbalife for example. Make your decision based on ingredients and facts.

http://myvega.com/product/vega-one-nutritional-shake/
    Half the price too

Or any good greens supplement for 1/3 the price really.
    http://www.nicehair.org/food-for-hair-growth/the-15-best-green-drinks-powder-superfood-supplements-in-the-world
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Any company can throw in as many ingredients as they want, but if they aren't throwing them in at a certain dosage, it's pretty worthless and just increasing cost. IIRC, shakeology is around 120 calories per scoop, so I would ask you, how many of those ingredients are at a dosage that is actually beneficial? Besides, protein shakes are merely supplements. They are supposed to supplement a portion of your diet that does not meet all the required standards. It's really no different than a multivitamin. Do you need a protein shake, absolutely not, but if you fall short it helps. But if a person is eating plenty of fruits, veggies and other whole foods and meats, there is really no reason to even have a shake because you should meet all nutrient requirements.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    thank you all very much for your input and info...I guess it's an overwhelming nay! I will look into getting a better bang for my buck in some other place! Very much appreciated :)
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I personally like it, it's just an easy breakfast or lunch for me since I'm out the door by 5:30am. They sell sample packs if you wanted to try it out and see for yourself. Not everyone is going to agree on one certain product, you just need to find what works for you. :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

LOL hello ignorance. The ingredients are in a gigantic prop blend and there's no chance the vast majority are in efficacious dosages