Junk food!

Options
Hi! I'm just wondering, am I the only person who will eat junk food if I have the calories? Is that ok (considering that I stay under my calories for the day). I don't eat that bad, I stay within my cal range. I definatley do not overdue it, I just like my chocolate :) Besides that, after I eat junk, I feel bad (like my day is RUINED)!!

Does any one else do this, or is just me? And if you do, have you still lost weight??

Replies

• xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Anyone who stays sane totally does that! :laugh:

Seriously tho, some people ditch the junk forever- and yay for them. Me, I like to eat. Junk food, good food, comfort food, my exercise calories, you name it. I've lost about 25 lbs since september and just over 30 since the start of last year. So, yes, you can still lose weight and have your junk too. :flowerforyou:
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Some nights I will have a few chips or definitely some chocolate. I figure I have to find an eating plan that works for me and if I splurge once and a while (but not going over my calories) what is so wrong with that?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I basically allow myself a treat from time to time. I just make sure that I make an allowance for it during the week.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to see much better results if you just stay away from that stuff. Its the reason I got overweight to begin with and if I am in this for the long-term, I need to just cut it out of my life. I don't buy it so I don't eat it. After a week of going without, you won't miss it at all----TRUST ME! Just start making better choices now so that all your efforts to lose any weight now will not come back to haunt you later.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING wrong with that- don't make yourself crazy.

Here (in case anyone wants to steal/modify for themselves) is my basic go to. I call it my food skeleton:

Breakfast: Something protein filled- I like eggs with veggies, or pb on cinnamon rasin toast (with some berries if they are in season)
    Mid morning snack- Veggie with Hummus or Greek Yogurt (I <3 Chobani Honey)
    Lunch: Sandwich, Veggie Wrap, Grilled Chick Salad, or soup with Fruit (so good for getting over the afternoon sleepies)
    Afternoon snack- Veggie with Hummus or Greek Yogurt (I <3 Chobani Honey)
    Dinner: 3-4 oz of meat/fish, 2 oz of grain, 1-2 veggie servings
    After dinner treat: Chocolate milk or something fun but little- 1/2 godiva raspberry bar & freeze the rest

The snacks are interchangeable- The greek yogurt is really filling, so I have it early if I'm hungry but if I'm not, I keep it til the afternoon so I'm full when I get home. Also instead of the yogurt sometimes I have a Luna bar or Cliff bar.

And some dinner info, incase you feel tapped:

Lemon Seafood Pasta: I buy seafood salad at the deli, toss it in a frying pan with soy sauce and ginger and put over pasta. nom nom nom

Tilapia, Spinach and Rice- cook fish in pam, and boil rice (put spinach in steamer over rice last 5 min) put all on plate and put a tbsp of pesto sauce over it

Quick Lemon Chicken/Taco Chicken - http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/quick-lemon-chicken-with-rice.aspx I also use this same recipe and mix in taco seasoning instead of lemon, and frozen peas instead of sliced carrots to make taco chicken bowls also

Chicken parm- http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/chicken-spinach-parm.aspx

I also make my own french fries for burgers/grilled chick sandwich nights: Sliced potato, 1 tbsp olive oil, and Jerk Seasoning.

Mostly with dinner tho, I come home, throw a veggie in the oven an make up the rest based on what's left in my fridge. As often as not I'm at the boy's place or we're at Chipotle or something. Other ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner (where I pulled this skeleton from really, and a couple of the recipies) http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipes/SearchResults.aspx?CriteriaIds=12_10

Good luck ladies!
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am having one of "those" days today! Four chocolate chip cookies later...guilt has set in! UGH
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    Phew! I'm glad that I am not the only one who splurges! Thanks for sharing those recipes! They sound awesome!!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well I guess that depends on what you mean by junk food. I, just about every day, have a skinny cow ice cream sandwish for my dessert after dinner. I eat 100 calorie packs for snacks and granola bars too. I eat fruit for snacks too...but some people on here consider the 100 cal packs "junk food". I eat popcorn and maple cinnamon bread for breakfast too. I have lost 70 lbs, and now am trying to get down to my real goal weight. I've lost 5 lbs since joining MFP about 2 weeks ago...so I'd say yea, you can still have some junk food :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I usually try to leave a little extra in calories or work out more so that I can have my cravings fix--ranges from strawberries to chocolate :) nothing wrong with it --everything in moderation. There is no way I would be able to give up chocolate cold turkey!
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I try to find subs that I can live with. 72% dark chocolate (cut the pound plus bar from Trader Joe into squares, freeze them and only take out 1-2 a day to thaw) Special K sour cream and onion cracker chips, Breyer 1/2 fat ice cream in Dark Chocolate velvet. Trader joe Powerberries for a candy treat thats a little bit good for you.