The Dark Side of Losing Weight

Options
I've lost 20 pounds, so far. 20 more to go. I feel great but there is a bad side to losing weight. When I go to the stores, the clothes fit me!! Since the beginning of July, I've been hitting the racks every weekend. Luckily, there have been sales, but it's getting out of hand. My closet is filling up fast. Lord help me when it's time to do winter clothes shopping.

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have lost about the same amount as you have and I know exactly how you feel. I had to tell myself NO MORE until winter :) I guess we could have worse problems!!!
  • TXGirl78028
    Options
    Congrats on the 20 lbs. Don't forget you're still trying to lose 20 more - slow down the shopping so you can do more as that last 20 come off.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    No worries......that's great!! Congratulations!! Just don't invest too much, because you'll need more clothes after another 10-20 pounds. Keep an eye on the $$ budget, like you have been with that calorie budget. Discount stores........thrift stores? Excellent ways to meet the need for clothes that fit your changing body!!
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nice problem to have! Congratulations!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LOL first world problems eh??

My problem is that I am now in the smallest size available in our plus size store - add to that I HATE clothes shopping and don't want to start looking for another store that will sell me everything from bras to coats - aside from department stores.
  • siobhan843
    siobhan843 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done for losing 20lbs, i have lost 20lbs too but sadly I haven't needed to buy new clothes, although my bank account is rejoicing! I will get there. If you have aren't going to egg a chance to wear these or when you lose the rest of your weight sell them on eBay and reclaim money back
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that if you're open minded, a thrift shop is often an excellent place to find cute stuff, super cheap. Having gone through a lot of sizes, it's so much fun to pick out a new wardrobe for around $50 some weeks.

I don't know if they're all nice..I doubt it, but where I live, pretty much all of them are decent. I just make super sure to wash everything really well before wearing, and to inspect everything before buying. When I'm out of a size, I re-donate it :)
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds, so far. 20 more to go. I feel great but there is a bad side to losing weight. When I go to the stores, the clothes fit me!! Since the beginning of July, I've been hitting the racks every weekend. Luckily, there have been sales, but it's getting out of hand. My closet is filling up fast. Lord help me when it's time to do winter clothes shopping.

Haha sounds like my wife! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my jeans are starting to get big on me. But luckily, I have a closet full of dresses that will fit no matter how much weight I lose.

Dresses, skirts and eBay are all nice options for when you're in transition mode.
  • caj45
    caj45 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds so I have been buying good second hand clothes that only have been costing between $5 and $10 so it's not so expensive to replace when I lose more weight.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know this problem. Losing 50 lbs I need all new clothes and I don't have the budget for them. I have tried to be good (for the most part) and found a seemstress that is going to alter some of my old stuff...
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Heheheh, well then welcome to the Dark Side! Enjoy your success and enjoy your new wardrobe! :-)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for that!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Brooklyn703
    Brooklyn703 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good point! I need to talk myself down. Thrift stores will be the solution. First world problems is right.
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    THRIFT STORES are your new best friend honey!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I recently bought three new pairs of pants to "celebrate" my new waistline and while they're in no danger of falling down at inappropriate times (yet!), I probably could stand to use a belt to cinch them up a bit. Which is funny because even though I know better, every time I look at a pair in my size, I still think to myself "I won't be able to fit into these!"

I also agree that places like Goodwill or thrift shops are the way to go, especially if you keep outshrinking your clothes.
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your loss :)
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've bought all my new summer clothes from charity shops - mega cheap, good labels and supporting good causes - win win!
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only brand new clothes I have bought was some workout clothes for the gym. I realized I really needed some new summer clothes when I put a pair of shorts on from last year and they fell to my ankles :). I bought a couple summer outfits at Goodwill to tide me over. Next I will have to buy some jeans for winter. It is a nice problem to have but I am refusing to buy new clothes until I reach my goal weight. Then I am going on a shopping spree. 50 pounds down and 25 more to go :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!