Calories in a Capri Sun?

Options
I ate a reduced-fat lunchable for dinner that came with a capri sun. I decided not to drink the capri sun though, and since the nutrition label does not list out separate calorie content for each component, I'm not sure how many I should subtract. I think that the Capri Sun was a 25% Less Sugar and with no added preservatives type, and it was fruit punch. I've looked at several different nutrition sites (including MFP), and all of them range from 60 to a 100 calories. I can't just trust the one listed on MFP, because I have seen SO many wrong entries entered before. What would you do? Anybody know the actual calorie content? This is really annoying me.

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have it at home and i'm at the office. I'm pretty sure it's around 60 or 70. I know it's NOT as high as 100
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have access to a package with nutritional data, I'd use the higher amount if I were adding the calories to my diary and the lower amount if I were subtracting the calories from my diary. It's so much easier for me to underestimate what I ingest and overestimate my calorie burn, so this would help balance out my other guestimated entries.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    full.jpg

Found here

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977360241

Still Stupid high in Sugar if you ask me?
  • jonise1969
    Options
    Does MFP have that many wrong entries in their database? I use it all the time....I do try to use the ones that have confirmations, but I don't want to depend on MFP if they are not accurate.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I googled Capri Sun and found the nutritional information on Kraft's website. The Capri Sun that comes in a lunchable is the regular size, therefore, would have the same nutritional information. It's only 60 calories!

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/caprisun/nutrition-info.aspx?Site=1&Product=8768400107
  • Serenifly
    Options
    Does MFP have that many wrong entries in their database? I use it all the time....I do try to use the ones that have confirmations, but I don't want to depend on MFP if they are not accurate.

A lot of the MFP entries are from people like you and me entering them. There is always room for error, even my lean cuisines I correct once in a while ...
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Thanks aznladie82 and bonnymom. I guess the actual Kraft website should be accurate, you know? :) I didn't even think about trying to find it there; didn't think they'd bother posting nutritional info for it.
  • Serenifly
    Options
    I googled Capri Sun and found the nutritional information on Kraft's website. The Capri Sun that comes in a lunchable is the regular size, therefore, would have the same nutritional information. It's only 60 calories!

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/caprisun/nutrition-info.aspx?Site=1&Product=8768400107

From what I read it's also 18 Grams of Sugar lol even reduced ... that's half a can of coke lol