transition from low carb to high carb

Options
is normal to feel so much hungry and low energy after 1 1/2 hour of eating, headache, sleepy, depression? i am back to high carb because fatty meats and high fats put me on lethargic state, 10 weeks in keto without success, i tried everything to fix my issue without success, now i am feeling like i am diabetic or pre diabetic, all my blood test of the last week was ok.

Replies

• pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did you also have the keto flu when starting out keto? Huge dietary changes are going to throw you out of whack. Give it time.
  • majinboox
    majinboox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you also have the keto flu when starting out keto? Huge dietary changes are going to throw you out of whack. Give it time.
    yes, i get the keto flu (was a nightmare), now i get the carb flu? (another nightmare) i am very depressed.
  • taachfitness
    taachfitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Remember to drink lots of water. Sometimes thirst feels like hunger. Also, try to get enough fiber and maintain regular BM. ALL of the symptoms you described above sounds like irregular BM. It's harder to get fiber on low carb. Make an exception for psyllium powder or find another way to keep regular. I went through the same thing.
  • majinboox
    majinboox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Remember to drink lots of water. Sometimes thirst feels like hunger. Also, try to get enough fiber and maintain regular BM. ALL of the symptoms you described above sounds like irregular BM. It's harder to get fiber on low carb. Make an exception for psyllium powder or find another way to keep regular. I went through the same thing.

i tried a lot of fiber, probiotics, lot of water, safe starches and didn't work, i dont know why fats put me lethargic.
  • taachfitness
    taachfitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I went through the same thing and sometimes I still do. The depressIon is the worst part. When it happens I take a laxative but it's not the best treatment. Once I have a total clearance, all the symptoms go away and I'm good until next time. Low carb is great when all functions work properly though. I used to eat ice cream and cake everyday and now I hardly ever get the craving for sweets, and I'm generally less hungry. Like hardly any hunger pangs, I have to remind myself to eat. Hope you get it sorted.