Hello All

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Jeri and I am 30 years old. I have been a "big", "chunky", and a just plain "fat" girl pretty much my whole life. I got on my scale and cried. I broke down. I have gained about 100 lbs in about 8 years. I never really lost any pregnancy weight from my two pregnancies. During my last pregnancy, I was induced at 36 weeks because my liver was failing. All I could think about was not being around to raise my two boys. My husband is constantly telling me that I am perfect and a part of me wishes he would tell me that I am a HUGE mess so I will get off my lazy bum and do something about it. Well my youngest is gonna be 4 in a couple of weeks and I still haven't done anything about the weight. Today is the day I turn my life around. Today is the day I start living for the rest of my life. Today is the day I become the example for my children! :)

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    For the kids!!! Add me and I'll encourage you!!!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I remember when I woke up and thought to myself am I going to be around to see my 5year old graduate and grow up and start a family of his own. It scared the s@@t out of me. He was the reason for the start of my healthy journey. One word of advise on the new journey, don't be hard on yourself if you stumble along the way. Think of the next day as a new fresh start and don't look back.
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Jeri, your story is heartbreaking, but you've started in a good place - Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Word to the wise, if you are not really ready, forgive yourself and don't start until you are. One of the most discouraging things for me is to start and keep stopping. I get down on myself and continue adding weight because of the emotional eating. So since you ARE ready, MyFitnessPal is a great support system. Most people are very encouraging and full of suggestions/help. I will send you a friend request in hopes of being a motivator for you. YOU CAN DO IT, Jeri. One step at a time, everyday is a decision to make it happen.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeri. Welcome. This site has been quite instrumental for many of us in improving our health. I wish you all the best. :flowerforyou: