What's wrong? HELP!

Options
I was hungry today and yesterday. I had 1/2 cup of honeydew melon, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 1 pear, and 4 cherries, 1 cup of soup for lunch, pretzels and animal crackers. Two cups of green tea and this afternoon, I was starving! Not sure why after 10 days Im feeling hungry. The first 9, I felt complete!

I am eating enough fiber and carbs!

Replies

• alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wait, is this just lunch? Or is this what you ate ALL day? If this was lunch, get some protein in there (meat or beans) to carry you through longer--your body will burn up fruit and pretzels just like that!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This was the whole day while at work!
  • pintade66
    Options
    do you drink plenty of water?

maybe your meal were too small in calories or you didn't eat enough proteins.
  • mollyt37
    mollyt37 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree you need protein! But make it lean meat! It will make you feel fuller longer! Hope this helps!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I have been drinking 4 bottles (16.9 Oz) each a day
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This just doesn't sound like enough. Unless your cup of soup had a lot of fat, this is what, maybe 400 kcals for the whole day before dinner? It sounds like you need more protein and just more kcals in the first part of your day. Try to make your breakfast and lunch bigger than your dinner, it's healthier anyways.

Oh, and I second the water. It will fill you up a lot.
  • PickyEater11
    Options
    I have the same problem! I feel like I say “IM HUNGRY” all day! I was told to eat every two hours. And if I catch my self feeling hungry I will drink more water but if I am truly hungry im reach for a small snack
  • pintade66
    Options
    also, try to not eat liquid calories (except milk), it will keep you full longer.
    You could also buy some 35 cals yogurt and take it with water when you are hungry.

you are talking about carbs and fiber, fat and proteins are important too, do not forget.

you are not supposed to feel hungry at all if everything is done right (imo)
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of fruit. Of course fruit is better than junk food, but it wont necessarily keep you full as long as something with a lot of fiber or protein. I would be hungry all the time, too, if I only ate fruit and a cup of soup. Your body needs more than that. Even if youre on track to meet your calorie goals, the foods you have eaten are not substantial enough to keep you feeling full.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I would say you would certainly feel hungry if that was all you ate all day. The fruits although fairly low in calories are med to high GI so your blood sugar goes up then whoosh down again so you feel hungry. The soup is OK but you don't say what sort, pretzels & crackers are OK but you could do with some veggies, grains or protein in there, some chicken, fish or similar....I hope you had a good breakfast first thing..cereal or similar...and certainly protein, veggies & something starchy for dinner.
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    Thank you. I will try some oatmeal in the morn or some bread in my lunch.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    This just doesn't sound like enough. Unless your cup of soup had a lot of fat, this is what, maybe 400 kcals for the whole day before dinner? It sounds like you need more protein and just more kcals in the first part of your day. Try to make your breakfast and lunch bigger than your dinner, it's healthier anyways.

Oh, and I second the water. It will fill you up a lot.

i agree with alaska - there is no way you are eating enough during the day. i try to make b-fast and lunch count by eating lean protein. then a glass of chocolate milk before and after working out, then din din. i would prob faint if i only ate what you have been eating all day - not that it is bad, though. you are on the right track - just add some more to it :flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar(from the fruit), not enough protein...
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great re the fruit you are eating.....but.....This seems VERY little food. When you log your food daily, how many calories does it total for the day? I suspect you are well under calories? I have seen lots of posts on this website re how our bodies go into starvation mode if we don't eat the recommend amount of calories a day (or as near as) , which means we are LESS likely to loose weight as our body holds onto supplies!

If you are hungry maybe listen to your body and give it more, of the right, food? Try incorporating protein which makes you feel fuller, longer (chicken breast etc.) with loads of salad, a couple of baby potatoes won't harm either. I have been loggin everything off the packet of whatever I eat and it has been amazing how much you can eat within calorie count they recommend. I have followed it for just over 2 weeks and lost 12lb! Never thought it would drop off so quickly (I am sure I will slow down now.... plus I have a lot to loose so perhaps drops off easier),

There is a good blog on this site somewhere re what to do if you DON'T want to loose weight and this explains well that some people think less equals better .....but in our case less doesn't help us loose weight.

Good luck!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more through out the day. Less sugar, more protein and more calories!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If that is all you ate for the day, most definitely not enough. A rabbit eats more. Plus if you exercised you really put yourself too low on calorie for the day.

I would add some protien, including some dairy like skim milk and yogurt. I eat at least every three hours, and in the evening when I am prone to grazing/snacking I may even eat every hour. Don't starve yourself, you won't be able to sustain it.

Good Luck!
  • flowerpower263
    flowerpower263 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    what you need is 3 meals a day! especially a good breakfast ie. eggs, english muffin, 1/2c cold cerial and put butter and jelly on the muffin, lunch, maybe soup, a few crackers, and a light desert (jello, 100 cal snack pack), dinner veggies, 4 oz. chicken or pork chops 1 small red potato, something light for desert like jello 70cal puddings. this is just a sample of what i eat each day on a 1200 calorie limit and i have lost 49lbs. at 2lbs a week for the last 6 months. of course you need to exercise 2 or 3 times a week, just a half hour walk each time will help and if you belong to the gym thats even better!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Agreed... more protein and less sugar, but...

Would you mind opening up your food diary so we could help better?
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    More protein and veggies, and less fruit.

Ditch the pretzels and animal crackers for whole grain crackers and an ounce or so of cheese OR a slice of whole grain bread w/a TBSP of peanut putter. Probably about the same calories and much better for you.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    More protein and veggies, and less fruit.

Ditch the pretzels and animal crackers for whole grain crackers and an ounce or so of cheese OR a slice of whole grain bread w/a TBSP of peanut putter. Probably about the same calories and much better for you.

great suggestions!!