If I log bacon, are leftover bacon drippings for free?

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Let's say that I had bacon for breakfast. After you cook the bacon (and eat the bacon) you have leftover bacon drippings in the pan. If I wanted to add a bit of that to something later for a bit of added flavor do I have to log that again or is it for free since I already logged it that morning?

Replies

• Damir_Poljak
    Damir_Poljak Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think this depends if you are logging raw or cooked bacon by weight. If you log in 50g of raw bacon and then cook it, feel free to use that fat for free ;)
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    This is the best question ever asked on here. Can we be friends?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered this. I log my bacon raw, so I do view drippings as "free". Someone stop me if I'm wrong, though.

By "stop" I mean set me straight, informatively. I don't think I will actually stop.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I think this depends if you are logging raw or cooked bacon by weight. If you log in 50g of raw bacon and then cook it, feel free to use that fat for free ;)

And this is the correct answer! If you log it (as raw), those drippings yours to use as you see fit. Although, be prepared to explain to confused people on your FL why you're eating raw bacon :laugh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Drat! The label says "pan fried slices" so I suppose that doesn't include the drippings. I'm still using a tiny bit of it though. This dirty rice is going to taste fantastic!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is a bloody good question and I'm glad you asked. Based on this (because I log my bacon at raw weight) I'm totally going to make use of the drippings from here on out. I've been cheating myself for months!!

In your honour, I will have my next bacon with waffles.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait. Back the truck up. I made and you ate it?

Did I sleep over or something?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is why it annoys me when bacon labels give nutritional info for fried slices. WTF wouldn't I want all the delicious fat to be included?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    You don't drink the bacon drippings as a back to the bacon? What's wrong with you?
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use the bacon grease to fry my eggs and pancakes. =)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    After I cook the bacon, I fry my eggs in the cast iron skillet in the bacon drippings..... am I doing it wrong???
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I use the bacon grease to fry my eggs and pancakes. =)

At least I am not alone..... :drinker:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Don't forget chicken drippings can be used too as free IMHO
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's bacon and drippings...it should always win out
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    I say free cause its part of the earlier logged bacon, just leftovers really isnt it?
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    After I cook the bacon, I fry my eggs in the cast iron skillet in the bacon drippings..... am I doing it wrong???

No ways thats the best taste!
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Somebody say bacon?
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think !

If I have a fried egg but only eat the yolk, can I have a bag of chips? Or is that not the same? Lol.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't forget chicken drippings can be used too as free IMHO

The best thing to do is to cook chicken thighs over a bed of potatoes and carrots so the drippings run down over the veggies while it cooks.

And now I am hungry.