CHEAP & EASY lunch ideas

Options
I've been eating the Lean Cuisine meals for lunches and they work for me, but I'd like to be able to mix it up and have something different some days. Trouble is that I'm incredibly un-imaginative and I cannot think of things other than sandwiches or leftovers for lunch. I also need something that is very filling, and I get bored VERY easily. Any ideas???

Replies

• run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    I will cook brown rice at dinner for stir-fry a lot and I always have some leftover, so I take a cup of the cooked brown rice, half a cup of black beans and heat that up. Then chop up a small tomato and add some fresh cilantro and lime juice... it's yummy and fresh-tasting and super easy. I just throw it all in a little tupperware to work.

Ha I keep editing this, but also it helps to try out a new casserole - make one at the beginning of the week and then that's lunch all ready to go. Then try a different casserole or healthy soup in the slow-cooker or something else the next week to switch things up
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    How about trying chicken wraps? I cook up several chicken breasts that I cut into strips at one time. Then just warm them up when I'm ready for them. I typically marinate them in some sort of Italian dressing (sundried tomato is my favorite) and cook in a bit of olive oil. Then place some pieces in a low carb tortilla with mixed greens, tomatoes, feta cheese, ot whatever kind of veggies you like.

You can do the same thing but make it more fajita life if you cook some onions and peppers with it and a little salsa and sourcream!
  • TarotTrish
    Options
    it sounds like a breakfast but can be used for both its really quick and yummy... brown or soda bread toast, lightly fried mushrooms(spray oil) garlic, mixed herbs and for a bit of indulgance a spoon of cream cheese or sour cream... and if thats not enough add a poached egg
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I get lots of ideas for meals on the go from this site: http://lunchinabox.net/
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Last week I made plain bagel sandwiches with low fat veggie cream cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, & spring mix. Sooooo good, low calories, and totally filling. (Plus totally easy!)
  • emro83
    emro83 Posts: 8
    Options
    i had such a yummy lunch today. Ryvita, houmous spread on it, cherry tomatoes, green olives. easy on the calories and delicious!
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @modernfemme-

That sounds great!! Love the idea! Thanks!