Will this slow metabolism?

Options
Hi. So basically for the past 11 or so days I have had to reduce my calories to 100 under maintenance. I know this is a preety small amount and I won't loose any weight from it (adding it back ASAP), but I was wondering if consuming 100 calories under maintenance for about 11 days (like I said) would slow my metabolism? I'm adding it back tomorrow and I'll just save time and not go into the reasoning why I had to do this...

Thanks!

*also I'm not trying to loose weight, I am maintaining and have been for months now.*

Replies

• ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wouldn;t say that a 100 calorie deficit would do much, if anything to your metabolism, 100 calories is what? like 20g of oatmeal, if you dont weight your food and count calories everyday, and just eyeball your food and guess the calories, your diet is gonna fluctual much more than 100 calories each day anyway
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    why did you bother lowing your calories by 100 calories anyway? and only for 11 days?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Any deficit under maintenance will slow metabolic rate. To what extent will depend on how high the deficit is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kennethshoe
    Options
    Ok, but do you have any idea how much It would slow from consuming 100 calories less for 11 days?
  • kennethshoe
    Options
    I'm actually not trying to loose weight. I'm maintaining and have been for months now, but due to reasons I won't bother getting into, I've had to reduce it by 100 calories under my maintenance for 11 days. I'm sure I'm also counting them right...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Ok, but do you have any idea how much It would slow from consuming 100 calories less for 11 days?
    Not significantly no.

I don't understand your concern.
    Calories are, at best, estimate values. 100 calories is just noise in the system.

People, OP osnt trying to lose weight. Says right there in the first posts.