INSANITY (Female)

Options
Hey guys!! I am on my second round on Insanity, nearly a week in. I did it before about 5 months ago, but I didn't get great weight loss results because I had an undiagnosed thyroid problem so wasn't taking any medication, so I feel this might have slowed any results down and probably didn't help with my energy levels!! (I discovered my problem from fainting!)
Now I have been taking my medication for some months, I'm ready to hit Insanity hard! I was just wondering on what kind of results I could expect? I am 22 years old, 5 ft 3 and weigh about 10 stone 6 pounds. I particularly want to tone my legs and stomach! Did any ladies have good results after 60 days??

Thanks!! :D

Replies

• bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and I didn't lose any weight but I was already running 6-10 miles a day. I personally used it as conditioning tool. It was great for me to expand to different types of cardio and it made running easier. It did shrink my belly quite a bit. About three inches.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 days left of Insanity, and I've had great results! It's my first round, and I didn't really have weight to lose, I just wanted to tone up and get in shape. I have lost a little weight in month 2 though, about 3-4 pounds. I've lost inches all over, and I finally have the beginning of abs (for the first time ever!). My body fat percentage has gone down and my endurance has also improved greatly, so I'm really happy with everything about the program. It has been a little hard on my joints, though.

I saw results from the start, but the best results came during the past week and a half. :)

Good luck with the program! :wink:
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great cardio workout and will also help with muscle toning to some extent. I am guessing you are shooting to loose a few pounds based on your post and cardio is only one factor. So if you want to get as much out of the Insanity video as you possibly can you will want to make sure your diet is on target also. As many others have said its nothing more than a math problem. We can eat to support the fitness aspect but if weight loss is the goal then you need a mild calorie deficit. Insanity is a pretty demanding workout so make sure you are not starving yourself when you start this program.
  • p74murphy
    p74murphy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have start it on Monday !
    My back was a bit sore for 1st 3 days and now I am better!
    You do finish it in a poodle of sweat!
    It feels great when you finish it!
    I am finding hard the push up and drills 1 and 2 but doing on my own pace not managing their pace!
    Hopefully will see some results...
    My problem is I don't eat much protein, so won't be able to follow their food plan!
    Any suggestion for who doesn't eat much meat or eggs?
    I have a high carb diet and eat a lot of fruits and veg.
    I take an iron tablet everyday!