Greek Yogurt Ideas Please!

Options
I positively loathe yogurt but am starting to get into Greek yogurt... Yogurt is so good for you and the greek yogurt is really high in protein (which is helpful because my doc wants me to stay away from protein shakes for the moment - we are working on treating my migraines). I still don't love it, but am looking for ideas about ways to eat it.

(I do like it in a shake with fruit and almond milk but I get so tired of washing the blender.... LOL.)

Give me your favorite ways to eat Greek! Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it up with chopped cucmber, garlic and dill with a little salt and pepper for a sort of Tzatziki Salad.
  • gaw821
    gaw821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my sister hates milk so puts greek yogurt on her Frosties! I eat it with grapes (tastes better with red) or a drizzle of squirty honey tastes really good!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt!! I buy it at Costco :D

I use it as a topping and dips in replace of sour cream. YUM!! Sometimes I mix the sugar free strawberry jelly to make it "strawberry yogurt", but I generally just eat it plain.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    You can use the search feature at the top of this page to search the entire forum for "greek yogurt" - You'll find loads of ideas. Good luck!
  • fancyladymeek
    Options

I use it as a topping and dips in replace of sour cream. YUM!! Sometimes I mix the sugar free strawberry jelly to make it "strawberry yogurt", but I generally just eat it plain.

Agreed. Greek is my new sour cream. I make some brown rice with taco seasoning, some ground turkey, lettuce and greek yogurt in a tortilla and have myself a meal so good I can't believe I'm not being naughty!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    It is my life eating it with Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal every day I :heart: it beyond words. Delish!

oooh, wendyp, i converted you!! :love:

you can make a veggie dip from it by mixing in a dry spice mix (watch the sodium on the mixes!), use a dollop of it (plain) to cool down a really spicy dish (mexican, indian, etc) sort of like you'd do with sour cream, plain w/cucumber/mint/garlic/salt/pepper is a incredibly delicious side dish :heart: Use some vanilla yogurt w the No Pudge brownie mix to make a single-serve brownie in your microwave (ok, not really about the yogurt there LOL)
  • Marymary2
    Options
    Eat it like the Greeks with a little honey and a handful of walnuts! I became addicted to this when we went to Greece! Yum!
  • Marymary2
    Options

Agreed. Greek is my new sour cream. I make some brown rice with taco seasoning, some ground turkey, lettuce and greek yogurt in a tortilla and have myself a meal so good I can't believe I'm not being naughty!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating it plain? It reminds me of sour cream if I go plain due to the straining used to achieve greek yogurt. I will sometimes buy the blueberry chobani otherwise just plain. If plain, I add some Smuckers Orchard Harvest preservatives to it. It's so good for you, don't spoil it with HFCS jellies! haha

I like others ideas of mixing it with Kashi or some nuts.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love it with a bit of maple sirup mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • AMHA32
    AMHA32 Posts: 23
    Options
    I mix in onion soup mix and use it as a dip. Sodium is high but I looooove french onion dip and this is fantastic with some cucumber or celery sticks.
  • princesshoagie
    princesshoagie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My hubby tried it once and hated it. He said it had a "cheesy" taste and he said it was gross. I really want to try it since it is so healthy and I can use it in lots of recipes, but he turned me off with the description. What does it REALLY taste like?
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like stirring in PB2, 2TBL...until its like a PB mousse. ETA and a little raw sugar too. Makes nice creamy dessert, maybe crush a graham cracker on top if I have cals left for day.