New and on my 6th day of Insanity

Options
Hi all, I recently decided to get back in shape and picked Insanity as my course of action. I'm 23 and 150ish pounds and want to get back to where I was when I first entered college, 5 years ago. I've done the first month of Insanity a handful of times and always find myself giving up. This time I told myself it would be different but I've said that before. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to keep myself motivated?

I also find it really hard to follow the nutrition plan as the recipes aren't budget friendly and don't really look all that appealing to me. Anyone with suggestions on how to start eating healthier?

Thanks all!

Replies

• sdr2015
    sdr2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To help me to stay on task i have a support group and i set goals for myself. For food I just watch what I eat and stay from junk food or processed foods.
  • kathleenkilhefner
    Options
    I am new. What is insanity?
  • LoriLee133
    LoriLee133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's motivation for you ... on the second phase of Insanity I lost 18 inches from my body in 3 weeks!!! You have got to give 100%! Chuck the scale out and use a tape measure, I gained about 3 - 4 lb. But looked fantastic. Try and get a workout buddy/group - they keep you going and hold you accountable.
  • csillakt
    Options
    Heya!
    My advice on eating healthier on a small budget is :
    - buy loads of fruits and combine them through the day;
    - for lunch and dinner , chicken/turkey and fish are always a good solution ( remember to cook them in the oven, only with salt and pepper, without any oil or dressings! );
    - replace white bread with wholemeal bread, same with sugar, replace it with sweetener;
    - cook more rather than eating out;
    - drink around 2l of water a day ( I divide it into cups to make it easier: 2 in the morning, 2 in the noon, then whenever I'm thirsty and in the evening another 2, and it should add up to 2 litres)
    - keep track of what you're eating, and combine the meals;

As for motivation, for me it's just taking notes and trying on some of the clothes that don't really fit me, and just thinking I'll end up losing weight enough to fit in them! haha, probably not the best, but, hey, why not?

Hope this helps! :)
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on my third week of Insanity. Furthest I ever got. (Skipped two days last week though). I am not following the diet this time, just eating healthy for about 90% of the time and logging in to MFP. Too soon to evaluate, but I believe I am on the right track this time. I still need to take extra breaks during the workouts, and am still learning to do push-ups, but I am already feeling my body getting stronger. Feel free to add me.
    I work out early in the morning, before the rest of the family wakes up. For me, that is the best way to go.
    I have not measured yet, but the scale is treating me better each time we meet.
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    I post healthy budget recipes on my profile ( so feel free to add me if you want)
    I also post recipes and fitness tips on tumblr : http://runtheday-dontletitrunyou.tumblr.com/

I'm also considering starting insanity
  • GoldenBear23
    Options
    LoriLee13, wow! That is awesome and great motivation! :)
  • GoldenBear23
    Options
    Heya!
    My advice on eating healthier on a small budget is :
    - buy loads of fruits and combine them through the day;
    - for lunch and dinner , chicken/turkey and fish are always a good solution ( remember to cook them in the oven, only with salt and pepper, without any oil or dressings! );
    - replace white bread with wholemeal bread, same with sugar, replace it with sweetener;
    - cook more rather than eating out;
    - drink around 2l of water a day ( I divide it into cups to make it easier: 2 in the morning, 2 in the noon, then whenever I'm thirsty and in the evening another 2, and it should add up to 2 litres)
    - keep track of what you're eating, and combine the meals;

As for motivation, for me it's just taking notes and trying on some of the clothes that don't really fit me, and just thinking I'll end up losing weight enough to fit in them! haha, probably not the best, but, hey, why not?

Hope this helps! :)

I'll definitely try this! I think keeping notes is great idea too. Thanks! :)
  • GoldenBear23
    Options
    aaand thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! Will be keeping them all in mind!
  • kathleenkilhefner
    Options
    Just started INSANITY. You can add me as a friend. We can help each other
  • kathleenkilhefner
    Options
    Can I add you as a friend? I need friends that are participating in INSANITY.
  • BradfordBear801
    Options
    I think if you are doing a deficit it is fine, the insanity nutrition plan was difficult to follow.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just can't make myself pull the trigger on buying insanity.