Getting enough calories

Options
My goal is eating 1700 calories a day because I want to lose weight slowly. But I'm a vegan so I find it difficult to eat more than 1300-1400 calories a day. Should I try to eat more or is it okay to only eat that amount of calories without shocking my body?

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I can't really answer as to how your body will react (it all depends on height, weight, age, activity levels, etc) but nuts and nut butters are always an easy way to up your calorie intake. And avocados!!
  • hihenriette
    Options
    Thank you! I loooove avocados so I'll definitely try to eat more of those
  • Raynne413
    Options
    If you blend avocados with honey and cocoa powder, it makes a REALLY good chocolate pudding! Just store in the fridge.
  • Mya2013
    Mya2013 Posts: 1
    Options
    brilliant, Raynne413!!
  • hihenriette
    Options
    I'm a vegan so I dont eat honey :)
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're going full-on vegan (no animal products, period), yes?

In additional to the other suggestions, a vegetarian protein power (such as Hemp powder), Quinoa, Soy (tofu / soy nuts, etc), mushrooms, hummus. Olive oil in your cooking will raise the calorie count and get you some good fats.
  • Raynne413
    Options
    I'm a vegan so I dont eat honey :)

You could always use agave, brown rice syrup, coconut nectar (?), etc. :)
  • hihenriette
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I'll definitely try it out!
  • frances_bacon
    frances_bacon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I blend an avocado with frozen berries to make instant ice-cream, no honey there :)
  • MaitaAtienzaDiaz
    MaitaAtienzaDiaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with the avocados. And up on the olive and coconut oil. I'm sure you'll reach your caloric goal.