doing everything right and not losing weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Like others, I really needed this today. I've been on MFP for a year, lost 70lbs and have kept weekly records. I know that with almost identical weeks of exercising and eating, some weeks I lose nothing or gain a half pound and other weeks I'll lose 2 to 3 pounds. On the no-loss weeks - especially a run of two or three in a row, I can see and feel that I'm losing weight. I try to use those weeks as learning weeks - I'm learning to recognize the changes in my body. But, boy, I like those scale-loss weigh-ins!

It's hard to wait for a weight-loss week but I keep reminding myself - this is what maintenance is going to be like.
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks for posting this!!!
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm So glad I read that. I will be taking pics tomorrow morning!!
  • amysambora
    Options
    Wow, just wow...thanks so much for posting, sounds like that has been a much-needed eye opener for many people here - including ME!
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    THANK you for posting that! Pics tomorrow for me!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Thank you for posting that!
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    OMG! I had to read it about 5 times because I was confused at first then in disbelief!? I was starting to get a little bit discouraged but this blog was awesome. I think I'll bookmark it to keep me going!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Get out!! That is so me!! I"m shrinking but the scale is not budging!!! Today someone said you getting skinny, I thought, really? Then why is there 35lbs of excess weight on my body!!! I tuned them out and refuse to be content at looking skinner although still very much overweight.

2 piece bathing suit... thats the goal!!!

I've been taking pics to I like the fact that I can am much smaller than before even if the scale says I'm not!!

:-)

Renee
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    Just came across this post and am so glad I did! It is frustrating to see yourself getting smaller while the scale sits at the same weight for a long period of time. Despite working out 5 days a week and watching calories, Ive sat at the same weight +/- 2 lbs since Halloween. But, my clothes are getting bigger on me....weird! Now I dont feel alone after reading the original post and link. I think I will keep my distance from the scale for a while and just focus on my measurements and pictures. The scale is no longer the primary barometer for measuring my success! Ahhhhh!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'm glad you found this, because i had forgotten all about it and am glad to have the link again! pretty crazy stuff, right?