starting off...help

Options
hi
I'm going to be blunt here and honest... i havent moved my lazy *kitten* in any form of exercise in about year and i always start off full steam ahead... end up in bits and lose motivation... i need some help so this doesnt happen again.. I lead a very seditary life and too much too soon never works for me... whats the best way to start moving??

Replies

• emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Walking is always a good one - start with three half-hour walks a week perhaps? Do that for a couple of weeks and then add a gym class in? Good luck xxx
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Slowly. Walk around the house, then around the block, then for ten minutes, then a couple weeks into it walk twenty minutes. etc.

The lasting changes will come a little bit at a time.

Eat less. Move more. Keep it simple.
  • TarotTrish
    Options
    thanks guys.. i'm one of those stubborn people who HATES asking for help... but I think its time I cop on!!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    You sound like me a few weeks ago. I started by walking more, than I started with more cardio, such as the treadmill or the bike. I started at a very slow pace, than a little at a time I increased the speed. I'm now starting on more cardio using aerobic workout CD's with Julian Micheals, I even recorded some aerobic classes from the tv. Now I just started the P90 workout CD. I haven't perfected anything yet, but little by little you will become more and more active.
  • fitmom125
    Options
    You sound like me a few weeks ago. I started by walking more, than I started with more cardio, such as the treadmill or the bike. I started at a very slow pace, than a little at a time I increased the speed. I'm now starting on more cardio using aerobic workout CD's with Julian Micheals, I even recorded some aerobic classes from the tv. Now I just started the P90 workout CD. I haven't perfected anything yet, but little by little you will become more and more active.
  • TarotTrish
    Options
    If i told you all the exercise stuff i have a home... you'd laugh and tell me to get on with it but i'm always so tired... think I'll start with a small walk tomorrow and then go from there...oh and feel free to add me as a friend... the more the merrier...
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    hi
    I'm going to be blunt here and honest... i havent moved my lazy *kitten* in any form of exercise in about year and i always start off full steam ahead... end up in bits and lose motivation... i need some help so this doesnt happen again.. I lead a very seditary life and too much too soon never works for me... whats the best way to start moving??

Dont worry Trish! first you have to start with how you eat....log everything you eat. when you start to exercise just start with Elliptical 15-20 min and then switch to other stuff if you have the energy for it...pretty soon your tearing up 30-40 mins on treadmill...start slow and build up
  • PickyEater11
    Options
    i feel your pain! i am picky and lazy but have found help and modivation from people on this website! i am at a desk from 8-5 and have sent you a list of things on how to get moving at work that i found on Google. Good Luck!
  • TarotTrish
    Options
    Hi Picky...i didnt get that list...