Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Infused water

Replies

• Hello....I just recently started doing this using 24 ounce Ball canning jars. I have tried blueberries, strawberries, lime, lemon, cucumber, apples, cinnamin sticks, mint leaves, mango and oranges........different combinations of all of these. The jars work really well.
  • Dotyfahed
    Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
    great idea. Love the mason jar idea too.
  • Grabbit5
    Grabbit5 Posts: 9
    apple slices and cinnamon sticks all the way
  • LemonKissy
    LemonKissy Posts: 1 Member
    Check out http://www.infusedwaters.com/

Lots of great recipes. I drink a lot of tea in the winter, but try to do an infused water every day.
  • allie316
    allie316 Posts: 13 Member
    Out of curiosity, how long do fruit/vegies last in water? I made cucumber and lime last night before bed, drank tonight when I got home from work. Some websites say 8-12 hours, some are saying 3-5 days!

A clear answer would be awesome!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I did this once with crabapples but substituted the water for vodka - results? Apple shots :drinker:
  • sherri_bee
    sherri_bee Posts: 4 Member
    Fresh rosemary and pineapple chunks is my current fave :-)
  • I love the cucumber, mint, raw ginger and lime as a detox. I have seen my stomach go down, but not the weight loss I anticipated. However, I love the recipes I have found on line and I will continue to make this an everyday regimen.
  • I have kept mine for as long as 4 days. I am now sure of the potency after 4 days. Various websites have said approximately 3 days.
  • I have kept mine for as long as 3 days, however various websites I have visited all seem to recommend approximately 3 days
  • cik123
    cik123 Posts: 1
    I find drinking sparkling water with some raspberries and mint in helps too! I also sometimes I use blueberries and strawberries! :)
    It's like having a 'mocktail' without all the sugars! :)
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Watermelon and cucumber....
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    When I go to Sonic I get water with Strawberry and Pineapple.... #tryit #good
  • suga1018
    suga1018 Posts: 15 Member
    I always do lemon and cucumber. delish
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    you don't really need a "special pitcher" for it, do you? because i make infused waters at work all the time in my regular water bottle. i love cucumber and mint water though, so refreshing.
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    I add lemon, cucumber and mint most often. Sometimes I'll grab some frozen pineapple or strawberries or blackberries and mint. It helps mix things up a bit.
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Ahhh dang it. I've been meaning to try making infused water for weeks, but I keep forgetting. I'm so glad I saw this thread.

I wish I could make one with raspberries, strawberries, lemon... hmm. :/
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Fresh rosemary and pineapple chunks is my current fave :-)

OMG I love that idea. Must try it.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Cinnamon sticks and apple slices......YUM!
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    I love me some Lime & Mint Water. So refreshing!