True Story: I pretty much did a 5k today

Options
On my own on the treadmill, but at my size? **** it. Yes, I'm bragging.

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Gratz !!!. I remember when I did my 1st 5K on my treadmill, I was ecstatic. Now I run 5K daily on it as long as I have no injuries. 8)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching that fitness goal! Keep up the good work- it's working!
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yay that's so awesome!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You must be proud:drinker:
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I so wanna do that. How long did it take you to get to this point?
  • DisneyCowgirl23
    Options
    I remember how exciting that first 5k was! Congrats and keep up the fantastic work!
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Get that running bug!

In my opinion, there is no greater feeling than chiseling out some hard earned road mileage.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I so wanna do that. How long did it take you to get to this point?

From my first day in the gym (this time, it's been 2 or 3 years since I was last going consistently), it was a little over 3 weeks. Admittedly, I stopped after the 1st mile and stretched like crazy, and then after about the next 1.25 I did again. My shins get crazy tight (to the point of pain) and if I don't stop and stretch, I can't finish.
  • MynameisKimba
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congrats!! :D
  • evee7340
    evee7340 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I've been doing Couch to 5k for a few months now...repeating each week several times...and it's the thought of one day getting to say "I did a 5k!" that keeps me going. Great job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!