The Dark Side of Losing Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    haha. so funny. when i go shopping i just look..never buy… thinking.." I will buty something when I lose more weight"…

so I can see how great it would be to actually look good in those clothes.. I'd buy too! Have fun.
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Although I've never been a Wal-Mart clothing shopper (their styles remind me of my grandma..lol), I found their clearance racks to be a God-send over the last few months and I was able to buy some decent basic shorts this last week for $4 each--that's cheaper than the Goodwill!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine lost a bunch of weight in a short period of time and was a stay-at-home mom without extra cash. She brilliantly polled our facebook friends asking for any hand-me-downs, anything that people wanted to clear out of their closet. She asked for clothes in a multitude of sizes as her shape was constantly changing. It saved her a ton and she had more than enough gorgeous donations to get her through.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What a terrible situation!! lol... I actually had to set a budget because when I reach goal I plan to have a small shopping spree, and after I keep it off for six months I plan to have another mini-shopping spree...and again when I keep it off for a year, so I have to remember this!! :) Its hard though when I can FINALLY be excited about shopping for clothes, something I dread up until I started getting healthier! I'm right now in the place where not all XLs fit me, but most 1Xs are too large, and its a great feeling to walk into a NOT plus size store and find cute things! Although I admit, I have purchased a few items that were a bit too snug that I hang on my door as "motivation" to keep going so I CAN wear them proudly and confidently! Congrats to you and keep up the great work!
  • kksmom8
    kksmom8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs. and really needed to find some smaller shorts/jeans. Luckily it's summer clearance time, so I have found some great deals! I plan to lose 25 more, so I won't buy too much, but my pants sliding off me was getting very annoying! I also have clothes that I got too big to wear, the pants/shorts are now a little outdated but I will wear some of them. I just moved, so I donated a lot of pants that were way too big and I know I will never wear again. I can still wear most of my tops, but I can wear a medium now instead of a large! Pants from almost needing an 18 to a 12!! That is tiny for me, but I'm ultimately hoping to fit into a 10, maybe even an 8!! I'm loving this problem!!!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat right now. i havent lost a lot of weight yet, however the inches are melting away.

ill my dress pants need to be taken in. im swimming in my shirts.

i need new belts.

my goal is to lose another 10 pounds before i go shopping. i have no intention of buying anything more than i need.

funny thing, i was at the beach and i lost 2 different pairs of shorts thanks to waves. that tells me that i need better fitting shorts.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You've got to stop! When you lose the next 20 lbs, all of those clothes are going to have to go, and you'll have to get all new ones. Don't spend money yet!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    SO with you.

I am a teacher and lost 20 pounds at the end of the last school year. I vowed to not buy new clothes until absolutely necessary. By June I had 3 pairs of pants that I could wear without looking like a clown. Now they are truly ridiculous So, I shopped last week. A lot. Thank goodness for clearance.

And then the rewards from those stores started rolling in (I mean, I EARNED them, I HAD to spend them!) and I had to make a return (and of course get 2 new outfits), oh and try the outlet mall... And now, I am really not buying any new clothes for a while!

Hahaha! There should be a clothing/shopping counter on this site in addition to the calorie counter!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Clothes? I thought you were going to say something like, being hit on by guys half your age. Oh...wait...that's me. Never mind.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are going to have a whole lot of clothes to donate when that second 20 comes off!! Since my journey is 64 pounds from being over, I replace when I've gone down 2 sizes. In between times I sell or donate anything that's gotten way too big for me. Love shoping clearance and resale shops at this point. Good luck getting this under control! It's really hard as the weight comes off and you look better in clothes. Makes me want to shop for sure! :ohwell:
  • greenaznpanda
    greenaznpanda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was also too self-concious to go clothes shopping and it was a chore to me. I never strolled into anything else than the same three stores for clothing. Since I've been starting to loose weight, I found myself a bit more confident and and actually going into stores with better looking clothes that I never though I'd fit into. I completely agree with waiting a bit before buying clothes, but mine were so loose I had to get new clothes (well...pants more so than shirts). It's a great feeling to be able to go into 'normal clothes stores' and find things that fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!